159' Feadship Motor Yacht AUDACIA
This 159' Feadship motor yacht AUDACIA is one of the finest classic Feadships afloat today. Her timeless elegance is cocooned in luxurious teak paneled interiors, the sophisticated contemporary interior design has a color palette of blues & whites throughout; the Modern art is complimented by the finest quality textiles, carpets, marbles & leathers. Her stunning interiors were featured in Architectural Digest, May 2008. AUDACIA has been extensively renovated & updated, she boosts the latest state-of-the art technology, a modernized exterior profile, and new marble bathrooms throughout. In addition, AUDACIA's solid cruising stability is complemented by Quantum zero speed stabilizers.
AUDACIA has expansive areas for entertaining or relaxing both inside & out. From her spacious main salon to her large open top sundeck for sunbathing or cocktails at her bar, to her protected outdoor full beam dining area on the main aft deck, you will enjoy every luxurious moment. AUDACIA is maintained in immaculate condition.
This classic Feadship was launched in 1987 and has been maintained and upgraded to the highest of yachting standards.
An extensive interior refit was performed in the fall of 2007 with the styling by the New York interior designer Joanne de Guardiola. The classic teak interiors are the backdrop for the blues and whites that she has mixed with woven leathers, textiles and modern art.
The sky lounge and full beam main salon have new ceilings and state-of-the-art lighting systems as well as contemporary furnishings to complement the teak panels. Large plasma televisions and new stereo systems have been added in both salons. The sky lounge has a bar and the very spacious, full beam main salon has a gaming table and desk.
The owner's suite, forward on the main deck, has been reconfigured and a separate bath has been added, providing true his and hers baths. The beautiful marble walls and Sherle Wagner fixtures ensure a luxurious environment which includes a Jacuzzi bath and a shower. The master suite has a large screen plasma TV and new entertainment system.
There is a spacious full beam VIP suite, with a separate and private stairway, that has also been refurbished. The large bathroom, finished in white Thasos marble, has been fully updated with Sherle Wagner fixtures.
There are four additional aft cabins, two queen and two twin, with ensuite baths, one with a tub and the remainder with showers. The combination of cabins provide very comfortable accommodations for up to 12 guests.
The main aft deck has a Jacuzzi with sun pads, two dining tables and sliding glass side screens that reduce cross winds, but allow enough breeze to cool the area. The sun deck has been refit (fall 2009), moving the waverunners to the bow, removing the crane/davit, adding railings and a 6 stool bar, along with a grill. Sunning beds have been added forward and the exercise equipment is set up here, with an optional sun awning.
There is wireless internet, VOIP telephone and full coverage Satellite Television that provide the most up-to-date communication technologies.
Elegance, understated luxury, outstanding quality - this is AUDACIA. Joanne de Guardiola Design oversaw the extensive renovation of her interiors. With no detail being overlooked, Audacia is the best of a classic yacht with a fresh twist of contemporary design.
AUDACIA has 6 elegant cabins all with luxurious ensuite bathrooms for 12 guests. Situated on the main deck, the master cabin features a king size bed and a his and hers bathroom. A large full-width VIP stateroom is located on the lower deck midships with king size bed and en-suite bathroom with shower and bath. Also situated on the lower deck are two queens and two twin guest cabins all fitted with showers and one double with a bath.
All cabins have TV's, DVD players, sound systems and iPod docking stations. Each bath has been completely renovated in gorgeous new marbles & fixtures; each has Hermes toiletries, bathrobes, hairdryers and private safes providing AUDACIA's guests with divine pampering & sophisticated comfort.
- 2 x Caterpillar 3508B 1000hp 8 cylinder turbo-charged, diesel engines, (new 1998 + new floating supports)
- 2 x Reintjes WAF541 3.542:1 reverse reduction, (new 1998)
- 2 x five-bladed propellers and shafts, (new 1998) with special Feadship design for quiet running
- 4 x Westinghouse air control stations: wheelhouse, flybridge, port and starboard wings
- Watermakers: 22,712 litres/day - 6,000 US gallons total
- Bow Thrusters: 50hp electric
- Fuel Separator & Filtration: Alfa Laval
- Sewage System: Hamman
- 2 x 90 kW Caterpillar 3304 generators, producing 208v AC 3 phase 60 Hz. Both generators were removed and sent to the manufacturer for complete rebuild in 1998, including new engines and new electrical ends. Both were overhauled in June 2001 to zero time. - New Long Block 3304 in 2013
- 208v AC 3 phase 60 Hz
- 220v AC single phase 60 Hz
- 24v DC
- 1 x 100 amp 480v AC 3 phase 60 Hz
- 380v AC 3 phase 50 Hz
- A/SEA shore power converter 100 amp
- 24 v DC battery banks for main engine & generator starting, radio & communication equipment
- Marine Air 360000 BTU's (3 x 120000)
- Steel hull, lap plated on the bottom with deep forefoot forward, long semi-skeg keel, rounded off chine aft and transom stern. Flush deck aft with raised deck forward.
- Aluminum superstructure, raised wheelhouse with flybridge. Decks are Burma teak over steel.
- Refit with stern and superstructure extension by Van Lent in 1992.
- New main engines, gearboxes, shafts and propellers in 1998.
- Awlgrip hull repaint in 2001.
- 2 meter swim platform/beach extension done at Pendennis in 2011.
Expired-ABS +A1 Yacht Service +AMS+MCA Vessel fell out of class in February 2017.
Speed and Range
- Maximum speed: 15.2 knots
- Cruising Speed: 14.5 knots at 1450rpm
- Fuel Consumption: 252 litres/77 US gallons per hour at 1450rpm (Including one generator)
- Range: 4500nm at 12 knots
- Quantum Zero Speed Stabilizer's Model QC-150 Zero Speed
Galley & Laundry Equipment
- Miele & Electrolux Oven
- Miele Dishwasher
- Miele Professional Dishwasher
- Miele & Hoshikazi Refrigeration/Freezer
- Hoshizaki 25L icemaker
- Black and Decker Coffee Maker
Communications, Navigation, & Entertainment Equipment
- V sat
- Inmarsat mini M
- Telephone System: Panasonic
- VHF: ICOM IC-M504
- HP Officejet 4500 printer / scanner
- Fleet 77
- Inmarsat C
- SSB: Furuno
- Wifi in Main Guest Areas
- Radars: Furuno
- Auto Pilot: Robertson
- GPS: Saab R4
- Navtex: Furuno
- Echo Sounder: Brookes & Gatehouse
- Ships Computer: Systemax running Windows 7
- Gyrocompass: Roberston RGC-10
- Depth Sounder: Brookes & Gatehouse
- Wind/Speed Log: Brookes and Gatehouse
- Magnetic Compass: Azimut 1000
- Chart Plotter: Transas Sailor 3000
- Guest Staterooms and Public Areas: Satellite TV
- IPod Docks throughout
- Satellite wi/fi throughout
- Main Salon/Sky lounge/Master: 40" plasma TV
- DVD/MP3 player in each stateroom
- Over 500 DVD film library
- Sky Digi Box
Tenders & Watersports Equipment
- (1) 15" Nautica, Mercury 175 Hp V6 Jet drive
- 2 x Yamaha VX deluxe sport 3 person wave runners
- Aft Warping Capstans: 2 x Steen 59.46
- Swimming Platform: Main deck aft
- Ground Tackle: 2 x 610lbs Anchors
- Anchor Windlass: Steen 19.50
- Boat Crane and Davits: 2 x Electric overhead side launching rams Aft Deck by Vandriel (4,500lb each crane) and a Marquipt 1500 Davit on the Fore Deck
Safety & Security Equipment
- 2 x McMurdo 406 EPIRB
- 1 x SART
- 4 x 12 Man 'Revere' life rafts
- LY2 Code compliant
- Fully integrated smoke and heat detectors with AFP-200 control unit
- 2 x McMurdo 406 EPIRB
- 1 x SART
- 4 x 12 Man 'Revere' life rafts
- LY2 Code compliant
AUDACIA offers expansive outdoor space to suit a guest's every whim & fancy. Her huge open top deck has new chaise lounges & a casual rounded seating area with a fun & sexy curved bar perfect for cocktails while watching Cannes' summer fireworks festival or St Bart's New Year's Eve extravaganza. Her main aft deck offers protected outdoor dining, while her new expanded swim platform allows friends & family to enjoy numerous water sports together. Her tenders & toys are tucked away and not on the main aft deck or top deck.
Launched by Feadship's famed Van Lent shipyard in 1987 as Confidante, this traditional, beautiful motor yacht has been extensively upgraded throughout her life starting with her second owners in 1992. The mast and funnel were redesigned to a more modern style, the upper superstructure and upper deck were extended and the hull was lengthened from 43.4m/142'6" to 46.4m/152'5". A new stern section increased the size of the Lazarette and included a transom door and a curved stairway to the swim platform. The interior accommodation was reconfigured and renewed, including all staterooms and bathrooms. A new pantry was added to the upper deck, as well as a new upper deck saloon. The tenders were relocated to the lower aft deck, serviced by horizontal cranes. This freed up the entire upper deck for outside dining, sunbathing and use of the unusually large Jacuzzi.
After this remodeling and modernization at Van Lent in 1992, the yacht struck an underwater object while cruising in Finland. She then crossed the Atlantic and effected repairs at Derecktor-Gunnell shipyard under the supervision of renowned marine surveyor Don Patton. This work involved complete replacement and renewal of the crew quarters and the VIP stateroom, all to the highest standards. At that time, the owner decided to make the yacht as safe as possible and Feadship designed an additional watertight bulkhead which was built into the new crew quarters area by Derecktor-Gunnell. The cofferdams were also plated over.
In early 1994 she was sold and renamed LIMELIGHT, and then in 1996 sold again and renamed KWIKUMAT. Again she was extensively modernized and upgraded, receiving two new Caterpillar engines and Reintjes gear boxes, as well as numerous additional mechanical upgrades.
Sold again in late 2002, the yacht was renamed ULYSSES, and yet again considerable time and money was invested to maintain her to the very highest standards. The interior was extensively re-modelled to the owners design, and notably the aft full width guest cabin was converted in to two double cabins, giving her the capacity to carry 12/13 guests in six staterooms. The tenders were also moved from the main deck to the sun deck, and the yacht was brought up to MCA compliance.
In September 2004 ULYSSES assumed her original name CONFIDANTE.
Purchased by her current owners in 2008 and renamed AUDACIA, She then completed an extensive exterior refit in 2011 at Pendennis which complimented her interior refit. Building on her impeccable Feadship quality, the interior was completely re-designed by Joanne de Guardiola and lauded in such publications as Architectural Digest. The result is a gorgeous blend of timeless, understated elegance with a contemporary flair that immerses you in classic luxury. The quality of the interior refit is undeniable. Every internal space has benefitted from a meticulous attention to detail and the use of only the finest materials, textiles, carpets, marbles and leather. Each bathroom has been lovingly renovated with all new marbles, fixtures and fittings, each created around the central nautical theme and palette.
Following the same principles of 'form and function', her exterior lines were modernized with a gorgeous Euro style transom with Port and Starboard staircases curving to the swim platform, increasing her overall length by 2 meters. Not forgetting functionality, many of her internal systems were replaced or upgraded including all new A/C, a retractable crane on the bow, underwater lights and the all-important Quantum zero-speed stabilizers. Maintained in class, she has recently completed her 5 year Lloyds survey and is ready to cruise.
The following upgrades have been completed:
- 2 x new 1000 hp Caterpillar 3508B engines installed in 1998 on floating supports - cruising speed now 14.5 knots and decibel levels reduced significantly
- 2 x new Reintjes gearboxes - 1998
- 2 x new propellers - 1998
- 2 x new shafts and most recent thrust bearing design from Feadship for quiet running - 1998
- 2 x 90 kW generators removed and sent to manufacturer for complete rebuild - 1998. Complete in frame overhaul to zero time - May 2001 - New Long Block 3304 in 2013
- 3 x new tenders - 2001, 1998, 1997
- 2 x new 45kW Atlas converters - 1998
- Sun deck extended to provide covered dining on upper deck - 1997
- Telescopic boat crane installed on upper deck - 1997
- Owner's main deck suite restored to the original design, with adjoining office - 1998
- All teak decks recaulked
- Electronics upgraded or overhauled
- Carpets, fabrics and furniture replaced
- Headlining renewed in wheelhouse, main saloon, dining saloon, aft full width stateroom, starboard main deck passageway - 2001
- Bottom sandblasted to bare metal and repainted - 2001
- Hull repainted in Awlgrip - 2001
- 2 meter beach extension in 2011
- Quantum Zero Speed stabilizers 2011
- Confidante (again)