One of the benefits of putting the crew quarters and the equipment rooms between the master stateroom and the engines is the introduction of two extra bulkheads and over 10 feet between the master and the engine room. That translates into one of the quietest master staterooms on the market in this size boat.
One of the most innovative aspects of this boat is the placement of the engine room and crew quarters. The first thing Ferretti did was to install ZF VDrive marine gears for the MTU's. This allows the engines to be placed about 6' farther aft than they would be otherwise, thus giving you a like amount of extra living space.
Second, The has separated the two MTUs and twin Kohler 32 kW gen sets from the rest of the ship's equipment and systems, which generally prefer a cooler environment. As a result, the 22'x15' engine room is very clean and uncluttered.
While the engine room air intakes are relatively low on the hull (about 3'10" above the waterline) there is a sophisticated baffle system on the intakes to filter out water and salt spray. This system also has horizontal louvers which automatically close to shut off oxygen in case of an engine room fire.
In addition to the centralized self priming bilge pump that can be directed to any one of three compartments, there is an emergency thru hull valve on the engine raw water intakes that make use of the powerful engine water pumps to evacuate water in the engine room. The levers for these values are painted red and are restrained with a sealed wire to prevent inadvertent use.
Ferretti places not one, but two, Rule bilge pumps in a metal basket to strain out things that always find its way in the bilge, and keeps the pumps from getting clogged. This is great attention to detail.
Forward of the engine room thru a watertight hatch is the "Systems Equipment Room". Here you will find the AC chiller system, the watermaker, fresh water pumps, work bench, electrical pane and transformer.
- 2 MTU 16V 2000 M91 rpm (current 4800 hrs)
- 2 ZF Gears
- batteries and battery charger
- Air intake w/remote control shut off from the firefighting system
- Bilge pumps
- Ceiling & walls in painted aluminum
- Changeover valves (2) to allow the engine to pump water from the bilge Electric blowers (2) w/closure commanded from the firefighting system Fire extinguishing pumps (2) bilge & respective tubes
- Fixed fire extinguishing system
- Inspection lights
- Main electric display board
- (2) 32 KVA Kohler Generators,27 kw, 100 amp, 60hz, 220240 volt, single phase – 6750 hours
- 4 compressor AC Chiller 120,000 BTU
- (2) Mitsubishi ARG stabilizers
- Mechanical fuel tank indicator
- Portable DC retractable lamp
- Racor generator filter
- Raw water engine filters (2)
- Dual fuel filters w/bypass
- (2) Racor engine filters
- Watertight door from crew area watertight door w/access from the garage Watertight door w/porthole
- Watertight soundproof bulkhead ahead & abaft Workshop bench fitted w/vice & a selection of tools