The WIDER 150, as with all our large yacht range, is designed for someone who enjoys being out on the water, is looking for the generous outdoor spaces to do so, demands all of the indoor comforts they require from a home and an engineering package which allows them to appreciate the entire yacht in the highest levels of comfort.
Let me bring to your attention some of the key advantages of the WIDER 150 over other similar, full displacement vessels in the size bracket.
- A 90m2 Beach Club, including 7m pool – the biggest in its competitive set, a fantastic space, very much in vogue, but taken to the next level through the intelligent use of space and opening side hatches.
- Huge outdoor areas, totaling in excess of 350m2 (including the beach club).
- A 32' Rigid Tender – unique in this size range, more usually only available on yachts of 65m+.
- 75m2 Owners Apartment, including a 5.6m2 sea terrace – Again, this is the biggest in class.
- An ergonomically designed, wrap around, bridge with attached captain's cabin
- Diesel Electric with Azimuthal pod Propulsion system coupled with 544kwh battery bank
The advantages of Diesel Electric over traditional propulsion include:
• Ability to run solely on battery power for a full night or whilst using the beach club in complete silence – no noise or smoke or smell, just the sound of the waves lapping up against the side of the hull
• Flexibility of layout – More space is created at the mid ships which allows for more generous quest cabins
• Reduced noise and vibration – Greater enjoyment while using the yacht
• Fuel Efficiency and thus extended cruising range – just 84lt per hour at 10kts offering 4800 mile range
• Increased reliability – electric motors have less moving parts and are less prone to failure
• Reduced maintenance - Because of the efficient use of the generators by the power management system, generator hours are reduced meaning that the time between overhaul is extended.