The Forward Cabin has a Pullman berth on the Starboard side with a hanging locker, bureau and dressing seat to port. There is additional storage under the berth and shelves on both hull sides. Also, there is plenty of dressing room and a private entrance to the head. Three opening ports and a large opening hatch provide excellent ventilation.
The large Head is to starboard aft of the forward cabin with entrances from both the saloon and the forward cabin. It is comfortable with good counter space, a commode (with a teak drop-down shower seat), sink, shower as well as an opening port and hatch plus lots of storage.
The Main Saloon follows aft with facing settees, a table that unfolds to serve both settees and then folds up to store on the forward bulkhead when not in use creating a very large, open living space. The starboard settee pulls out making a true, comfy, double berth. There are 4 opening ports and a large opening hatch in the saloon. With the fuel, water, and waste tanks under the cabin sole, there is tremendous storage under and behind the settees. A large built-in chart drawer is under the starboard settee. All Hanging Lockers are cedar-lined.
The aft facing Nav Station is at the end of the saloon's port settee with a nice sized desk with the electrical panel above. There is a small drawer for nav tools. The VHF, SSB and stereo are all within easy reach. The batteries are installed under the Nav Seat with additional switches and breakers easily accessible.
The "U" shaped Galley is on starboard behind the saloon with double sink, 2 burner propane stove and oven, large ice box and plenty of work room and storage including 2 drawers under the refrig, clever dinnerware storage above and a real pull out trash can. An opening port and hatch keeps the galley "cool".
Across from the galley on port and separated by the companionway is the Aft Cabin entrance. It has a big comfortable athwartship doubleberth, large dressing area with a bureau and hanging locker. Two opening ports and an opening hatch make the cabin comfortable.
The easily transversed Companionway separates the galley from the aft cabin.
The full access engine room is located underneath the companionway making engine work comfortable and easy. You can uncover the entire drivetrain by easily removing the aft berth cushions.
The Cockpit is large and long enough for great sailing and is the best place to stretch out and nap or entertain 6 to 8 family and friends. There are stern rail seats on either side of the helm. Twin backstays, boarding ladder, and swim platform make this cockpit extremely functional.
- Teak & Holly Sole except in Companionway/Galley and Head
- 16000BTU Reverse Cycle Air Conditioner/Heat 2018
- Espar Diesel Heater
- Sea Gull Domestic Water Filtration
- Adler Barbour Super Cold Refrigeration (Air Water Cooled) 2017
- Custom Teak Overhead Hatch Screens
- Custom Cafe Style Companionway Screen & Companionway Overhead Screen
- Port Screens Throughout
- Hot/Cold Pressure Water with Electric Hot Water Heater & Yanmar Heat Exchanger
- 2-Burner Propane Stove/Oven
- 5 Hella Turbo 12V Fans
- Oil Lamp in Forward Cabin
- Breese Custom Lee Cloths
The Island Packet 350s are equipped with both a 12Volt Ship's Electrical and a 120Volt Shorepower System
- Charles Battery Charger
- 50' Shorepower Cord
Electronics and Navigation Equipment
- Ritchie Compass at Helm
- Davis Windex at Mast Head
- Furuno Radar mounted on Backstay Gimballed Questus Mount
- B&G Wind Speed and Direction Instrument
- B&G Knotmeter and Depthsounder
- B&G Autopilot
- Garmin 128 GPS
- Horizon VHF Radio with Remoter Microphone & Speaker at Helm 2016
- Ship's Clock & Barometer
- Alpine AM/FM & 3-Disc CD Player
- Speakers in Saloon, Forward Cabin and Cockpit
- SEA Single Side Band Radio
Sails & Rigging
The Island Packet 350 has a modern, high aspect, masthead, cutter rig with a keel stepped mast. The Charleston Spars Furling Mainsail System with coach roof mounted Traveller with Mid-Boom Sheeting makes trimming and reefing simple and safe. All Running Rigging is led Aft except the Genoa and Staysail Halyards.
- Mainsail 2018
- Storm Trysail
- Cruising Spinnaker with Sock
- Complete Spinnaker Gear
- Harken Genoa & Staysail Furling Systems
- Spare Mainsail Halyard
- Binnacle Mounted Winch Handle Holders
- Boom Vang
- Forespar Heavy Duty Whisker Pole Mounted on Mast
- Harken 2-Speed, Self Tailing Primeary Winches
- Harken 2-Speed, Self Tailing Starboard Coach Top Mainsheet & Halyard Winch
- Harken 2-Speed, Self Tailing Port Coach Top Mainsail Reefing Winch
- 2 Harken Single Speed Mast Mounted Halyard Winches
- 2 Coach Roof Rope Clutches serving each Coach Roof Winch
The Island Packet 350 is driven by a Yanmar 3JH2E, Fresh Water Cooled, 3-Cylinder Diesel Engine.
- Prowell 3-Blade Feathering Propeller
- Transmission Rebuilt 2013
- New Starter Motor 2018
- Exhaust Mixing Elbow 2018
- Rebuilt Groco Head
Deck and Hull Construction & Equipment
Big Friend like all IP350s has a solid glass hull and synthetically cored deck. Her Keel, Bow Sprit and Swim Platform are integral to the hull. Her non-skid deck surface and bulwarks make for safe movement fore and aft and her cockpit is shaped for comfort and functionality. In addition, she has a deep divided Anchor Locker and a sealed and overboard draining Propane Locker with full safety features.
- Anchor Windlass with Foot Controls at Bow and UP/Down Control at Helm
- SS Bow Sprit Plates to protect Teak
- Chain Grabbers on both Rodes
- Raw Water Washdown at Bow
- CQR 35# Anchor with 30' Chain and 300' 3-Strand Nylon Rode
- Fortress FX16 Anchor with 30' Chain and 300' 3-Strand Nylon Rode
- Dodger with Side and Aft Handrails 2017
- Island Packet Step Plates at Lifeline Gates and Companionway
- Bimini with Connecting Panel with Zippers for Future Full Enclosure 2017
- Stern Rail Seats
- Kato Dinghy Davits
- Kato Outboard Motor Hoist
- Outboard Motor Rail Mount
- Force 10 Forged Propane BBQ Grill
- IP Cockpit Cushions
- Teak Cockpit Table
- USCG Safety Package
- Dock Lines, Fenders and Boathook
- SS Flag Staff