Accommodations and Walkthrough
The IP 35 has a private Vee Berth with a separate entry to the Head. There is a Hanging Locker to starboard of entry, shelves along both hull sides, an opening hatch and 2 opening ports.
The very roomy Head follows aft on port with a separate shower area, commode, sink and lots of storage. It is well ventilated with an opening hatch and port.
Next aft is the roomy Saloon with facing settees (port side converts to a double berth) and the large dining table with a fold out leaf stores against the forward bulkhead when not in use. There are shelves above the settees and a lot more storage behind and under the seating.
The aft facing Nav Station is on port with a nice sized desk and additional storage plus both the 12 and 110 Volt Electrical Panels are within easy reach.
The huge wrap around Galley is across on starboard with deep double sinks, 3 burner, propane, gimballed stove/oven, large refrigerator/freezer and tons of counter and storage space including very clever dinnerware storage.
A very comfy Quarter Berth sits behind the Nav Station on Port with a hanging locker and a storage cabinet at the entry. There is room to dress in private and a comfortable seat inside that entrance.
The centerline Companionway has six steps up to the Cockpit over the Engine Compartment which has easy access on both sides and front. The drive train is fully accessible under the Quarterberth cushions.
The Cockpit is long and large enough for safe and comfortable sailing as well as entertaining and napping. At the center of the transom there is a swim ladder. A deep lazarette on starboard and a shallow one over the Quarterberth on port as well as a couple of open coaming lockers provide a place for everything.
- teak and holly sole except for fiberglass non-skid in Galley and Head
- All Ports and Hatches Open
- 3 Burner Princess Gimballed Propane Stove/Oven
- Adler Barbour 12 Volt Refrigeration with Freezer Basket
- Hot/Cold Pressure Water
Deck Construction and Equipment
The Island Packet has a sold fiberglass hull with integral bowsprit, full foil keel (great tracking), and a modern Spade Rudder (great steering response) . The Deck is synthetically cored eliminating voids, delaminations and rot associated with water intrusion.
- Dock Lines and Fenders
- USCG Safety Package
- Boat Hook
- Cockpit Cushions
- Cockpit Table
- Kato Dinghy Davits
- Bruce and Danforth Anchors each with a chain & 3-strand nylon rode
The Island Packet 35 has both a 12 Volt Ship and a 120 Volt Shorepo.wer Electrical System.each with its own panel and monitoring system.
- 5-AGM Group 27 Batteries (4 House and 1 Engine Start)
- Battery Charger
- 50' Shorepower Cord
- Heart Interface Link 20 Battery Monitor Display
- 12 Volt Outlet at Nav Station
- 120 Volt Receptacles in each cabin
- 12 Volt Reading Lights throughout
- Electric 6 Gallon Hot Water Heater
Sail Handling and Rigging
Sea Lion has a modern, Higher Aspect, Mast Head Cutter Rig
- Mainsail with Doyle Stackpack, Harken Bat Cars and a 2 Point, Single Line Reefing System Controlled from the Cockpit
- Rope Boom Vang with Lines Led to Cockpit
- Coach Roof Mounted Traveler with Lines Led to Cockpit
- 130% Genoa '06
- Whisker Pole Stored on Mast
- Staysail on Self-Tacking Boom
- Genoa & Staysail Mounted on Harken Furling Systems
- 2 Winch Handles
- Lewmar 43 Self Tailing, 2-Speed Primary Winches
- Lewmar 16 ST Mainsail Halyard/Sheet Winch and Sheeting Winches on Coachroof
- Lewmar 8 Staysail Sheet Winch on Coachroof
- Lewmar 8 Staysail Halyard Winch on Mast
- Lewmar 16 Genoa Halyard Winch on Mast
Electronics and Navigation Equipment
- Ritchie Compass at Helm•
- Raymarine E80 Display at Helm with Radar, GPS and Chartplotter
- Raymarine ST6000 Smart Auto Pilot
- Datamarine Corinthian Knotmeter, Depthsounder and Wind Direction/Speed Instruments
- ICOM ICM422 VHF Radio
- Yanmar 3-Cylinder, FWC 35HP Diesel
- Electric Auto/Manual Bilge Pump
- Mechanical Bilge Pump
- All Engine Water & Exhaust Hoses Replaced '17
- All Drain Hoses Replaced '17
- Domestic Water Pump '18