The Eastbay 39 Sedan Express is a delight to be aboard, whether underway or at mooring/anchor. Quiet and stable at a full cruise of 24 knots, with an abundance of natural light and ventilation. Six opening ports and three large hatches, all with screens and with the helm deck/salon completely surrounded with large windows, two of which are sliders, and a centerline power-lifted windshield. Her teak interior was COMPLETELY RE-VARNISHED (2019) with multiple coats of polyurethane on the teak and holly sole and all teak joiner work. ALL UPHOLSTERY (except Stidd seats) WAS LIKEWISE RECENTLY RECOVERED with new Ultra Leather (2019), including the inserts for the table at the settee which drops down to form a berth.
When natural ventilation is not sufficient, there are two units of reverse cycle (heat and cool) air conditioning equipment, (2016) to keep the yacht comfortable in a wide range of climates and seasons. Artificial lighting is equally well-thought-out and elegant with numerous overhead recessed lights, as well as swivel-style reading lamps at all berths and settees.
Accommodations are for four, with a single stateroom layout with Island Queen berth and 7' settee which can be made into a double berth. From forward is the Private Stateroom with island queen berth, with three cargo drawers below. Outboard the yacht is richly finished with teak "ceilings" lining the hull and additional storage cabinets and lockers port and starboard.
Next aft is the lower Salon & Galley with over-sized U-shaped settee to port with storage under and lockers outboard and above. Dining is on a varnished teak pedestal table that drops to form a filler when use of the settee area as a berth is desired. Opposite to starboard is the Galley, featuring Corian countertops. Refrigerated foodstuffs are handled in the below-counter, front-load dual voltage refrigerator/freezer. Cooking is handled on a 2-burner Princess cooktop and with a Sharp convection microwave. Good storage is provided in the well-thought-out lockers and drawers.
The enclosed Head is next aft to starboard with Vacuflush freshwater W.C., separate shower area with curved Plexiglas sliding door, and vanity with Corian countertop and under-mounted sink.
Up three steps (with storage underneath) to the Helm Deck/Salon. Zingara III features Stidd seats for both Captain and Navigator, an L-settee aft and to port with storage beneath, and the optional entertainment system to port, housing a pop-up "Flat Screen" TV, Bose Blue AM/FM/Stereo.
Comfortable access to the Cockpit with molded-in forward-facing bench seat, which is equipped with pneumatic struts for easy lifting to access storage beneath. New (2020) U-Line icemaker to port forward. Wide side decks with tall safety rails and gates port and starboard lead forward. Note custom additional removable safety rails for further security when coming aboard aft or moving about the yacht underway or at anchor.
- 22" flat-screen TV with Apple TV
- Bose stereo with speakers in Salon
- Courtesy lighting interior and exterior
- Lovely valance "mood" lighting
- (2) CO monitors
- U-Line ice maker-New 2020
- Vertfirgo DC refrigerator/freezer 2014
- All new Ultra-Leather Upholstery 2019
- Entire interior re-varnished 2+ coats 2019
This Eastbay 39 features the upgraded twin Caterpillar C-7 ACERT 455 diesels in lieu of the standard, turning five-bladed propellers on 2" shafts through Twin Disc 2:1 gears.
The hour meters show 1068 hours as of the date of listing, but both engines were given "0" hours rebuilds at 650 hours in the summer of 2017, meaning that there are just 420 hours on them! The rebuilds were done due to a failure of the after-cooler on the port engine. The starboard engine was fine, but the owner wanted to ensure trouble-free boating and keep both engines in the exact same condition and so had the same level of re-build done to the starboard engine.
- Twin Disc single-lever electronic engine controls
- Racor fuel filters
- Fireboy engine compartment fire compression
- Aft-facing exterior camera New 2020
- Evolution shaft line cutters
- Oil change system
- 12-volt engine room lighting
- 110-Volt engine room lighting
- Computank fuel/water tank monitoring Serviced 2021
- Tank-watch holding tank monitoring
- 3 Rule 200-GPH electric bilge pumps
- 1 manual bilge pump
- Macerator pump
- 2 16,000 BTU Dometic air conditioning units (heat and cool) 2016
Fiberglass hull built with Hydrex resin in the exterior laminates with closed-cell foam coring in the hull and solid fiberglass bottom. The hull topsides repainted at Zahnizer's in spring 2021 with Awlcraft "Flag Blue" with boot stripe and gold cove stripe. The bottom is painted with green anti-fouling, showing no build-up. Foam-cored fiberglass decks and house with "Moon Dust" Awlgrip nonskid, where appropriate, on white gelcoat.
- Topsides painted Awlcraft flag blue NEW 2021
- Maxwell RC8 low profile electric anchor windlass NEW 2021
- Saltwater wash-down forward
- 66-lb Lewmar stainless steel anchor with approximately 175' of chain
- Transom door
- Teak cockpit decking set in epoxy, no fastenings
- H&C cockpit shower
- Teak swim platform
- U-Line drop-down swim ladder stows under swim platform
- Textaline windshield and side covers in white Side Covers New in 2020
- Seawise dinghy lift system
- Cockpit sun-shade in Sunbrella "Toast" NEW 2019
- Full mooring/winter cockpit cover in Sunbrella blue
- Side curtains and windshield cover in Sunbrella "Toast" as well as a
translucent set in Sunbrella white
- 4 fenders and 6 braided dock lines
- 6 Type II life jackets
- Flare kit
- 3 fire extinguishers
- Varnished teak ensign and burgee staffs