The Irwin 43 in many ways has one of the best, most functional layouts of any cruising boat you'll find. It's split level floor plan gives the feeling of spaciousness usually found on much larger 50'+ vessels.
As you descend down the companionway into a large salon with settees to both port and starboard, you have four double door cabinets above the settees that offer plenty of storage options.
Dropping down starboard and aft is the fully fitted kitchen with all the amenities of home including a custom spice rack and large reach in fridge and freezer. Common household appliances are included, even a microwave, toaster over and grilling machine in addition to the three burner propane stove and oven.
To port and aft, you'll find a convenient aft facing nav station with electrical panel, dropping down aft into the hallway, you'll have yet another very large chart table or desk area that is the perfect workstation for a liveaboard - the ideal place to edit all your cruising video footage and install all your office equipment, computer towers, printers, etc.
Moving all the way forward in the boat, you have a large v-berth with netted storage in the very peak. There's a private ensuite head with stand alone shower stall to port.
All the way aft, you find the best aft master stateroom ever in a 43' sailboat. A generous centerline island queen with abundant storage and drawers everywhere you turn. There's even a forward facing vanity with pull out stool and mirror - perfect for the woman in your life. To starboard is a large master ensuite head with a stand alone shower stall that's been thoughtfully titled along the bottom, giving it a home like experience.
Overall, the entire boat is airy and light, being one of the earliest deck saloon type models, exuding tons of natural light and fresh air via seven fixed glass windows, fourteen opening port holes and six opening deck hatches throughout.
- Stainless steel double bowl sink
- Gimbaled three burner stove and over - supplied by two 10# tanks
- Six gallon how water heater (110v and engine heat exchanger)
- Trash receptacle
- Microwave oven
- Toaster over
- Grilling machine
- Custom spice rack
- Large Adler-Barbour reach in fridge and freezer
- 110v Norcold mini fridge in the salon at the drinks bar
Roya Gale is set up for complete self sufficiency from the dock for long periods of time. She has a 110v system when at the dock supplied by two 30amp shorepower connections with 50' power cords.
There is a low hours Kohler 8kw genset for power and A/C when underway or at anchor.
Boat has four house batteries as well as separate start batteries for both engine and generator
- 12v cabin lights and 110v outlets in all cabins
- 40 amp battery charger
- 90 amp hi-output Balmar alternator
- 90 watt solar panel with tilting mount on dinghy davits
- Kohler 8kw generator - resurfaced and painted white in 2013
- Xantrex 1800w inverter
- Air-X wind generator
- Link 10 Battery Monitor
Two 12k BTU MarineAir A/C units - both fore and aft (new in 2013)
Engine driven hot air heating system 2013
Three bilge pumps (2 automatic, 1 manual)
Most hoses and fittings (plumbing, sanitation and drains) below waterline replaced in 2013
All fuel systems, hoses, fittings removed in 2013 and replaced with a new sophisticated BOSS FC60 Diesel filtration system with dual Racor filter setup. This doubles as a fuel polisher and back up fuel pump. As well as water contamination detection and fuel pressure indicator - all with alarms at helm.
Installed a 6'' access port on top of the fuel tank (2013) and thoroughly cleaned
Replaced flexible shaft log hose and repacked gland in 2013
Line cutter on shaft with 3 blade PYI max-prop
- Full enclosure with new Strataglass windows that roll up, with screens (2013)
- Sunbrella canvas covers for cockpit storage bins, helm and winches
- Full array of cockpit cushions
- Two sport-a-seat reclining cushioned seats - portable
- Helm chair on swivel mounted at wheel - high visibility for steering
- Fold out starboard cockpit table for dining and drinks
- All electronics mounted at helm along with RAM Mic
- Maxwell Nilsson electric windlass - controlled at helm and forepeak
- Rocna 70# primary anchor - 160' all chain rode
- Bruce 44# secondary anchor - 20' chain and 250' 3/4'' nylon rode
- Delta 35# day anchor - 20' chain and 250' 3/4'' nylon rode
- All new stainless lifelines and gate hardware (2013)
- Anchor wash down at bow
- Kato dinghy davits with larger 6-in-1 blocks for easy retrieval of dinghy
- Outboard motor hoist with engine bracket
- Integrated swim platform - folds into stern flush
- 9' Apex RIB
- 10hp Nissan electric start outboard
- Hot/Cold shower on aft deck
- Full assortment of USCG safety equipment
- Docking tools - lines, fenders, boat hooks, etc.
- Garmin 546S Chartplotter with Eastern US and Bahamas chips
- Furuno 16 mile LCD radar
- Hummingbird Matrix 35 depth sounder
- Autohelm 7000 ram auto pilot
- B&G wind (direction and speed), boat speed and depth
- Ritchie compass
- Standard Horizon RAM Mic
NAV STATION MOUNTED
- Garmin 126 GPS
- Standard Horizon VHF with DSC
- Furuno NX300 weather fax receiver
- Vigil 32 mile CRT radar
- 16'' Flatscreen TV
- DVD player
- CD Player/Stereo with speakers throughout
Sails and Rigging
- All standing rigging replaced with Sta-Lok in 2013
- New Lewmar line clutches everywhere (2013)
- New FACNOR roller furling main system (2013)
- All Halyards replaced (2013)
- Five Self-tailing winches
- Sails include Neil Pryde main (2012), 130% Genoa, 150% Genoa and Gennaker with Sock - all in above avg to great condition
- In 2013 all lines were reworked to lead to cockpit
Yanmar 4JHTBE turbo diesel - only 2500 hours
Inboard - direct drive with 3 blade Max-prop with Line cutter
Kohler 8kw generator
- Fuel tank = 1 x 105 gallon
- Fresh water = 1 x 180 gallon
- Holding = 1 x 10 gallon aft - fwd head has a Lectrasan marine sanitation device/holding tank
Manufacturer Provided Description
The Irwin 43 MK III surrounds its passengers with luxury. The main salon is elegantly appointed with a liquor locker, two large settees, and a custom teak dining table. Large ports create an open, well-ventilated atmosphere. An expansive master stateroom delivers the comfort of a queen-sized berth, and features a vanity with an upholstered swivel stool, and a private head with a shower stall. The forward guest stateroom has a V-berth with filler cushion, a convenient dressing settee, and private access to the day head with shower stall. Superior space planning has provided a galley perfect for gourmet cooking. A sophisticated navigation station is equipped with a convenient swing-out upholstered swivel seat. The tasteful use of richly varnished teak combined with coordinated mica colors provides a feeling of warmth and spaciousness. With distinctive styling and a high-performance winged keel, the sloop-rigged Irwin 43 moves easily in light air and handles crisply in a blow.