This boat has been very nicely maintained and upgraded. Satin varnished joinery is in very good condition. New ultra-leather upholstery and upgraded stainless steel ports add to the nice finish below. OUTPOST has the standard layout with large master stateroom aft, Pullman guest cabin forward and has the settee in the salon allowing for the extra fuel tank option.
The large salon is bright with good ventilation due to all the opening ports and overhead hatches. Great headroom – over 7' . There is a large table to port with comfortable seating for 6-8. The table lowers to make an additional berth. Opposite is a long settee. Storage cabinets and shelves outboard on both sides.
Forward is the guest stateroom with a large Pullman berth, hanging lockers, shelves and a private head with a separate enclosed shower.
The generous deck beam is carried well aft providing for a large master stateroom. Queen sized island berth, hanging lockers, drawers, vanity desk and private entrance to aft head with a separate enclosed shower. 2 large hatches overhead on either side open to the cockpit.
The galley is to port and the nav to starboard. More details on both below.
- New upholstery 2016
- Reverse cycle heat and Air-conditioning – 2 zone (1 new Dometic 10k BTU 2018)
- Upgraded Stainless steel opening ports
- Interior lighting almost all converted to LED
- Flat screen TV in salon
- 2 heads - electric freshwater head aft & manual head forward
- Macerator pumps for overboard discharge of holding tanks, (2) independent waste systems
- 20 gal. hot water heater with engine heat exchanger
- Overhead hatches with screens and covers
- 2 Brass lights
- Weems & Plath clock and barometer
- Cruise RO Watermaker 30 GPH (New 2019)
- Sony MP3
The galley is conveniently located at the base of the companionway on the port side. It is a well thought out u-shaped galley with 2 sinks amidships, plenty of counter space and plenty of storage. The refrigerator is accessed from both the counter top and a front opening door. A large deep dry food and pot locker is forward of the stove. Over the sinks facing forward is a large storage cabinet with a light under.
- Frigo Boat dual-entry, refrigerated storage is divided into freezer and refrigeration compartments.
- Microwave oven
- 3 burner stove with oven
- Stove hood with light and exhaust fan vented to the exterior
- Large top loading locker
- Soft composite galley sole
- Multi drawers and cupboards
- In-counter trash chute to under counter bin
- Optional overhead storage cabinet
NAV & EQUIPMENT
Comfortable, forward-facing Nav station with a chart table and comfortable seating. Good access to the electronic displays and the main and distribution panels.
Helm electronics - All NEW Fall 2019
- Garmin GPSMAP 8612 chart plotter
- Garmin GPSMAP 7612 chart plotter
- 3 Garmin GMI 20 multi display
- Garmin GHS11 remote VHF handset
- Airmar Ultrasonic weather antenna
- 2 Garmin GHC20 color Autopilot control display
- Garmin GHP 12 Autopilot w/Class B drive
- Garmin GMR18xhd Radar
Nav station electronics - All NEW Fall 2019
- Garmin GPSMAP 8610 chart plotter at nav
- Garmin VHF215 w/AIS
- Garmin GMI 20 multi display
- Garmin Network Switch
- Garmin GSD 24 Advanced Sounder
- Airmar Transducer
- Iridium GO Sat phone
ENGINE & ELECTRICAL
New 75 hp Yanmar engine installed in 2015. Freshwater cooled. Nice access to the engine under the companionway steps. A gas piston spring holds the well insulated top of the engine box. When elevated, access to the sides and front of the Yanmar engine, fuel and water filters, is excellent.
- New Yanmar 75 hp engine installed in 2015 (1403 hrs.)
- Fisher Panda Generator (1118 hrs.)
- Solar panels
- Bow Thruster
- Max feathering prop
- Extra 60 gal. fuel tank
- TM500 Battery systems monitor
- Prosine 2.0 2000 watt inverter charger
- Centrally mounted engine instruments
- Single lever engine controls on starboard side
- Sea water strainer on cooling inlet
- Bilge blower and ventilation system
SAILS & RIGGING
- Double spreader masthead rig
- Profurl in boom furling main
- Schaeffer furling headsails
- 135% Furling genoa
- 135% Furling jib
- Electric main halyard winch, starboard
- Halyards and vang control lines led aft
- Port and starboard line storage compartments
- Mainsheet traveler with car and multi-purchase adjuster system
- Inboard genoa tracks with ball bearing cars
- Boom vang, stainless steel with multi-purchase adjustment
HULL DECK & EQUIPMENT
The challenges of extended offshore cruising have been met with a display of strength, innovative design, and engineering that clearly define the Catalina 470. A unique, structural fiberglass grid is bonded to the hull and provides both strength for the hull and a massive foundation for securing bulkheads, equipment, engine, and tanks. Below there is a new standard of functionality and comfort.
The generous deck beam is carried well aft providing for an expansive cockpit with twin steering stations. Large comfortable cockpit with long seats that are approx. 6' 2". The cockpit table is large as well - 39" long with two leafs, built in storage and cup holders. A foot brace bar accommodates heavy weather sailing. Twin steering stations allow easy passage forward and aft in the cockpit and permit unrestricted visibility on all points of sail and unencumbered transom access.
Anchor windlass with a vertical capstan and chain gypsy facilitates primary and secondary anchors. Separate, deep lockers will accommodate the anchor rodes required for cruising.
- Custom stainless steel rubbing strike for extra hull protection
- Stainless steel ports - a very nice upgrade!
- Custom Stainless steel stemhead for anchors
- Large double anchor rollers on foredeck
- Maxwell electric anchor windlass, power up and down controls, with foot switches
- 45lb stainless steel CQR anchor
- 65lb plow anchor
- Anodized aluminum toe rails
- Double lifelines with gates port and starboard
- Custom stainless steel arch houses the solar panels and the dinghy
- New cockpit cushions 2016
- Bimini, Dodger & Connector
- LED deck lights
- Stern rail seats
- Walk through stern with transom boarding platform and storage lockers
- Stern boarding ladder with contour treads
- Hot/Cold transom shower