A beautiful, classy cruiser, the Bill Crealock designed Cabo Rico 45 delights the eye as well as delivering a well found, sensible yacht.
The amount of storage on this design is amazing. There is room for everything a cruising couple would need or want. She's designed to provide spacious accommodations for 4 and, when you plan to liveaboard, you will appreciate that space.
She is capable of taking you anywhere and is waterway friendly with a mast height of 63'. Her 5'6" draft allows you to enjoy those out of the way places but, gives you sailing characteristics that are desirable on blue water passages.
Kalista has been loved by her owners and offering her for sale has been difficult but, they are ready to have her move on and now grace another family.
She is strong, beautiful and ready to make your cruising dreams a reality.
- 75 HP Yanmar
- Bow Thruster
- Arch with Davits, Solar Panels, Wind Generator
- Full Enclosure in beautiful condition
- Espar Diesel Heater
- Spectra Watermaker
- Island Queen with Ensuite Head
- Great Cruising Layout...everything you need at the base of the companionway.
- Boom Furling Main
- Electric Primaries and Halyard Winch
- She is on the hard and ready for your thorough inspection.
Starting forward is the owner's cabin with center-line queen bed, tons of storage, overhead opening hatch and opening ports, and an ensuite private head with separate stall shower.
Next aft is the spacious main saloon. To starboard is a long settee with storage behind and underneath, featuring convenient doors that allow quick access to the storage areas without having to pick up the bottom cushion.
There is a "U" shaped settee/dinette to port with a beautiful drop leaf table. It allows seating for 8 and again, there is storage behind and underneath the settee.
To port of the companionway is an "L" galley with three burner propane stove with oven, microwave, double bowl stainless steel sink and refrigerator/freezer that is top and front opening. There is corian on the counter tops.
Also, directly to port of the companionway is a generous wet locker, perfectly placed for that wet foul weather gear.
To starboard of the companionway is the entrance to the aft cabin with huge bunk and storage. Just forward of that is the entrance to the day head, which has a sink, shower, marine head and ElectraScan treatment system for the head.
Forward of the day head on the starboard side is the forward facing nav station.
The teak joinery is absolutely gorgeous but, there is a good balance of light bulkheads that keep the interior bright and welcoming. The floor plan is spacious but still provides hand holds everywhere for safe passage below.
There are fans and opening ports and overhead hatches with teak screens throughout.
Deck and Hull
Kalista is an easy boat to navigate topside. Her fiberglass decks are wide with good hand holds going forward and there is a nice bit of deck aft of the cockpit that allows easy line handling.
- Teak clad bow sprit platform with two sets of anchor rollers
- Muir electric anchor windlass (HR Jaguar horizontal)
- Rocna 88lb anchor with 400 ft of 3/8 chain
- Heavy teak cap rail
- Raised bulwark
- Molded-in port and starboard rub rails with stainless striker
- Port and starboard double lifeline boarding gates
- Stern ladder
- 4 Teak dorade boxes for ventilation below
- Custom Stainless Steel Arch incorporating davits for a 10'6" dinghy, solar panel mounting and various antenna mounts
- Dinghy with aluminum floor
- 15 HP 2 stroke outboard
- Full cockpit enclosure
- Cockpit cushions
- Hot and cold cockpit shower
- Teak hatchboards
- Teak companionway doors with screens
- Full 110V and 12V systems with panels and circuit breakers, digital amp and volt gauges
- 4 Lifeline GPL-1400T 12v House Batteires
- 1 Lifeline GPL-6CT 6 volt Starting Battery
- 1 Lifeline Bow Thruster Battery
- 4 Solar Land Arch Mounted Solar Panels - 640 Watts
- Blue Sky Energy Solar Boost 3024 IL- currently uninstalled
- KISS Wind Generator with Regulator - currently removed and available
- Atkinson Wind and Solar Monitor and Shunt
- Link 20 Battery Management
- Prosine 2.5/3.0 ACS Panel
- ProSafe FS 30-30 amp Galvanic Isloator
- Link 2000 Battery Monitor/Inverter Control
- Complete large scale electrical diagrams
Electronics and Entertainment
- Raymarine Knot, Depth, Wind Speed/ Wind Direction
- Raymarine Autopilot ACU-400 and P7ORS Pilot Control - Internal Drive
- Garmin GPSMAP 7612 (2017)
- Garmin AIS (2018)
- Icom 710 SSB w/rope antenna
- GDL 30/30A Marine Weather Satellite Receiver
- Garmin 210 VHF with Remote MIC in Cockpit (2018)
- Flat Screen TV with Antenna
- Kenwood Radio Sirius ready
- Cockpit Speakers
Sails and Rigging
- Schaefer in Boom Furling (2009)
- 591 Sq Ft 8.3 HM Dacron Furling Mainsail - Harding (2009)
- 731 Sq Ft 125% Crosscut Furling Genoa - Harding (2009) - Schaefer Roller Furling
- Staysail - Hood - Schaefer Roller Furling
- Dutchman Boom Brake #750 - adjustable tension from the cockpit
- Lewmar #48 Main Halyard Winch, electric
- Lewmar #54 Primary Winches, electric
- Lewmar #40 Staysail Sheet Winches
- Lewmar Genoa and Staysail Halyard Winches
- Anodized and Powder Coated Mast
- Mast head sailing/anchor lights
- International navigation lights
Mechanical and Plumbing
- Yanmar 4JH3 75 HP Turbo Diesel engine (4800 well maintained hours)
- Motor mounts replaced 2016
- Balmar SR 120 amp 60 Series Alternator
- Balmar Smart REgulator 60-120
- Edson Single Lever Engine Controls
- Aquadrive System for shaft stabilization
- Vara Prop DF112-21" x13x10 (4 blade right hand)
- Twin fuel/water separators with gauge and fuel shut off
- Reverso Oil Change System
- High Water Bilge Alarm
- Vetus 95 Electric Bow Thruster
- Espar Diesel Heater
- Heavy duty manual bilge pump
- Rule-2000 gal/hr Electric Bilge Pump (2018)
- Rule Lo Pro 900 gal/hr Electric Bilge Pump (2018)
- 6 Gal Hot Water Heater - engine heat exchanger and solar panels
- Each head has holding tank and overboard pumpout
- Water and fuel tanks manufactured from Vinylester resin, ISO/NPG gelcoat and 1810 Promat
- Tanks have baffles and inspection ports
- Level gauges for tanks at Nav Station
- Manual dip stick for fuel tank
- Complete large scale plumbing diagrams