50' Alwoplast Description
Catalyst is a well-maintained, Crowther designed custom power catamaran built by Alwoplast in 2004. She offers a 2-1/2 stateroom, 2 head layout (with the master stateroom on the pilothouse deck), Caterpillar 3126b main engines, water-maker, and a recent bottom job. Catalyst offers incredible flexibility in her range, beam, and draft. A lightweight hull with optimally designed hydrodynamics, she brings a 3,000 nm range at trawler speed or a 17 knot faster cruise. Seller reports a 6gph fuel burn at 8kts and 28gph fuel burn at 17kts. Another part of that unique design is her relatively narrow 20ft beam - allowing her to fit into many monohull slips, minimizing the need to find a double slip, compared to typical catamarans. Her shallow draft makes her ideal for the Bahamas, Keys or Great Loop cruising. Catalyst offer a vessel with an air draft less than 19.5ft making it possible to cruise the Great Loop. This bluewater or coastal cruising flexibility make her a great all-around cruising option.
Crowther power cat design experience + Alwoplast build quality is a proven combination for a smart, efficient, and dynamic power catamaran.
50' Alwoplast Vessel Walkthrough
Entering the interior through the sliding glass doors from the covered aft deck, you will find a dinette with pull out stools starboard aft, pull-out liquor/wine cabinet to starboard, stairs to the guest stateroom starboard forward, stairs to the pilothouse forward, a laundry/ food pantry port forward and the galley port aft. Once in the pilothouse, the stairs to the flybridge are starboard aft, lower helm starboard forward, master stateroom entrance forward and salon with two lounge chairs, convertible couch/bunk, and entertainment center to port. There are side deck access doors on each side. Once inside the master stateroom forward, a full size walk in shower and sink is to starboard. In the port hull forward is ahead and sink. Aft in the foreword port hull is an "office" of single bunk room. In the starboard hull ending from the dinette area is a guest head, room with queen size bunk and full size shower.
The spacious engine rooms are accessed via two deck hatches in the aft deck.
50' Alwoplast Accommodations
This Alwoplast 50 offers a master stateroom forward on the main deck with a centerline king size berth and ensuite head and shower and then a guest stateroom with a queen size berth and ensuite head and shower. The "office" room in the port hull offers a single bunk, and the covetable couch in the main salon offers another single bunk.
50' Alwoplast Salon
The salon offers two lounge chairs and couch/bunk, entertainment center forward, port side deck access door, Brazilian hardwood sole, Majilite Ostrich wall covering and an open wall to the galley aft.
50' Alwoplast Galley
- The galley is located port aft on the main deck.
- LG 23in by 68in 120vac refrigerator/freezer (Can run off inverter)
- GE stainless steel microwave oven
- Force 10 stainless steel 4-burner LP gas cooktop and oven
- Broan trash compactor
- Miele G832 SC dishwasher
- In-Sink-Erator instant hot water dispenser
- Double stainless steel sinks
- Granicoat countertop
- Stainless steel ice maker on the flybridge
- Force 10 stainless steel BBQ grill on the flybridge
- Nucore Mahogany Sole
50' Alwoplast Dining
Dining space is available at the built-in dinette with pull out stools across from the galley, and also removable tables on the flybridge.
50' Alwoplast Master Stateroom
The master stateroom is located forward of the salon and pilothouse and offers a centerline king size berth, reading lights, nightstands, 4 overhead hatches, side windows, hanging lockers, walk-in closet, storage drawers, shelf, carpet, enclosed shower and vanity to starboard, head to port and a large office port aft.
50' Alwoplast Guest Stateroom
The guest stateroom is located to starboard and offers a queen size berth, reading lights, shelf, hanging locker, storage cabinet, 2 portlights, Majilite Ostrich wall covering and separated head and shower.
50' Alwoplast Laundry
The laundry room is port forward of the galley and offers a 110V vented Splendide 2100 combo washer/dryer, built-in ironing board and storage space.
50' Alwoplast Pilothouse
The pilothouse offers a lower helm starboard forward, starboard side deck access door, stairs to the flybridge starboard aft, Todd helm seat and an L-shaped benchseat that converts to a watch berth.
50' Alwoplast Flybridge
The enclosed flybridge is accessed via internal stairs from the pilothouse or a vertical stainless steel ladder aft from the covered aftdeck. There is a full helm forward, Todd helm seat, built-in L-shaped benchseat with storage and removable tables to starboard, a wetbar with stainless steel sink and icemaker, storage and Force 10 stainless steel BBQ grill to port, Plasteak deck and canvas enclosure aft to the boat deck. 2 hatches on the flybridge roof provide additional airflow.
50' Alwoplast Aftdeck
The covered aft deck offers a built-in bench seat wet bar with stainless steel sink and top loading CoolBlue 12v cold plate freezer, fishing rod rod holders, stainless steel ladder to the flybridge, Canvas enclosures on the sides and aft, sliding doors to the interior and access to each swim platform and side deck.
50' Alwoplast Audio/Visual Equipmen
- Samsung flat screen TV in the salon
- LG DVD player in the salon
- Samsung TV in the master stateroom
- Panasonic TV/DVD player in the guest stateroom
- Sony Pioneer Bluetooth AM/FM/CD player in the pilothouse
- Sony interior speakers throughout boat
50' Alwoplast Electronics
- Standard Horizon Spectrum + VHF at the lower helm and on the flybridge
- Ritchie Powerdamp magnetic compass at the lower helm and on the flybridge
- Raymarine ST6001+ autopilot controls at the lower helm and on the flybridge
- Raymarine ST60 wind, speed and depth gauges at the lower helm
- Garmin 541s chartplotter/ depth sounder on the flybridge
- Raymarine ST60 Tridata gauge on the flybridge
- Raymarine RL80C Pathfinder Radar at the lower helm
- Weems & Plath clock, barometer and tide clock in the salon
- Docking port with external antenna for GlobalStar Satellite phone
50' Alwoplast Electrical System
- Phasor 12.5 kW generator with 800 hours
- Westerbeak BTD8 Secondary Generator
- Xantrex 3000 watt inverter and remote panel
- Blue Sea electrical panels
- 50 amp shore cord
50' Alwoplast Engine/Mechanical Equipment
- Each engine room is accessed via aftdeck hatches and are insulated with Soundown vinyl foam.
- Twin Caterpillar 3126B 450 hp main engines with 3300 hours
- ZF gearboxes
- Dual Racor 500FG fuel filters for each main engine
- Racor 500FG fuel filter for each generator
- Hynautic hydraulic steering system
- Bennett trim tabs
- 2 16,000 BTU Mermaid reverse cycle air conditioning/heating systems
- 1 12,000 BTU Mermaid cool only air condition with separate raw water pump
- Raritan 12 gallon water heaters
- Vantage Marine Aqua Systems 20gph watermaker
- Jabsco electric heads
- 2 X Hart Systems Tank Tender tank level monitors
- 170 Gallon Water Capacity
- 3 fuel tanks, 800gal main tank 2x 250gal wing tanks for a total of 1300gal diesel
50' Alwoplast Deck Equipment
- Lewmar anchor windlass with foot controls and remote controls at upper helm
- Danforth 35lb spare anchor and rode
- Mantus 85lb anchor
- 100' 10mm anchor chain and approx 200ft nylon rode
- 4 Foredeck storage lockers
- Foredeck rail seats
- Foreward deck: Non-skid
- Aft Deck: Faux Teak Deck replaced with 5 mil solid fiberglass sheet w Awlgrip Non-skid
- Boarding gates on each side deck
- Marquipt Tide Ride gangway
- Stainless steel deck hardware
- Stainless steel rails
- Stainless steel swim ladder
- Window covers
- Fresh water washdown
- Hot/Cold fresh water shower on the swim platform
- Dock water connection
- Hurley under water lights
- White exterior painted 2013, blue section painted 2012
- 2 X Worthington 20lb propane tanks in a dedicated storage cabinet
50' Alwoplast Dinghy
50' Alwoplast Safety & Fire Protection
- Go light searchlight
- Lifesling Man Overboard Retrieval system
- McMurdo EPIRB
- Whale gulper 220 bilge pumps
- 7 X Fire extinguishers
- Engine room fire suppression systems
- Trident gas control panel in the galley
50' Alwoplast Exclusions
- Sellers' personal belongings and tools
50' Alwoplast Items Non-Operational / In need of attention
- Majilite Ostrich wall covering in salon sagging in sections
50' Alwoplast Vessel History
The current owner purchased the vessel from the original owners who had the boat built in 2004. The current owners underwent a major replacement/reconfiguration of all systems on the vessel to bring them to working order. A detailed list with dates is available but the highlights are:
Added GFCI and outlets where needed (the original setup had one outlet in the galley serving the entire stern of the boat).
AC ducts added into the pilot house.
Macerator pumps changed and replumbed, Holding tank vents cleared.
Fresh water tank leak repaired
Oil change pumps added to main engines
Pioneer Stereo added
Extra lighting added to galley and dinette area
Cabling replaced on Marquipt hoist
TankTender system repaired
Added circuit breaker for AC raw water pump, (was hidden fuse)
Rewired shore power for 240v 50amp replacing the 125v 50amp and 30amp circuits.
Replumbed AC condensate pump.
Replaced thru hulls
Replaced Norcold refrigerator to LG
Repaired freshwater system
Replaced Fisher Panda generator with new 12.5kw Phasor Generator
Added 3rd AC unit in Galley/dinette area
Added couch/bunk in salon
Replaced windlass relays
Replaced toilet valves
Replaced front head flooring
Replaced "dripless" shaft logs with conventional packing glands
Replaced underwater lights
Added Hynautic shift controls on stern
Added second generator (Westerbeke)
Replaced plow anchor to Mantus 85lb
Replaced 12v freezer thermostat
Replaced shower port light
Replaced house battery system
Replaced aft Mermaid 16k BTU AC
New Ice maker
Awlgrip paint (off white color) on decks
Replaced anchor chain and rode
Replaced fake teak material in cockpit with 5mm fiberglass plate. Awlgrip paint
50' Alwoplast Comments
With international acclaim in catamaran building from decades in production, starting in 1987, Alwoplast built superior custom catamarans, both power and sail. Their image depicts their commitment to engineering excellence and quality interior detail.
Catalyst has appeared in past issues of PassageMaker Magazine and MultiHulls Magazine and appeared in a trawler forum blog: "I think Alwoplast had a 50' or so power cat at the Miami Show once...very impressive. I think Crowther also designed the Barbara Mae, a beefy 50-60' or so power cat that struck me as one of the nicest designs yet. If I had the money to throw at a new Cat build, Alwoplast would be in the running."
50' Alwoplast Disclaimer
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.