This yacht is equipped with all of the available factory exterior options including bow thruster, electric Harken winch package, Extendo-boom (for lifting a dingy out of the water and onto the aft deck), polished SS Dorade vents, and rubrail. The custom hard bimini has tracks built-in underneath for a full vinyl enclosure or sunshades plus four flexible solar panels on top. Custom cockpit cushions include an added back support/booster seat at the helm. Simpson (UK) dinghy davis grace the stern.
All sail control lines run to the cockpit for ease of handling, with the knot, wind and depth instruments mounted above the companionway and the radar/ chart plotter mounted at the helm.
When entering the bright airy Salon your first impression is how spacious this area is. The combination of the Ultraleather covered cushions, plenty of natural light and the ability to stow the dinette table against the fwd bulkhead help to make the salon feel open and spacious. With the dinette table down and fully-extended you can comfortably entertain a large group. A smaller "wine and cheese" table sits on a post and can be located on either side of the saloon or easily removed when not needed. If extra bunks are needed to accommodate additional overnight guests, the port settee pulls out and converts to a double berth. The cabin sole is solid teak and ash tongue-and-groove flooring, and two air conditioning units and a diesel fired heating system provide climate control for anywhere in the world.
The Navigation Station is aft of the salon on the port side. It features a high-back swivel seat and a desk with a chart storage tray. The nav station houses the AC/DC panel, electronics, and a wet hanging locker. The stereo system controls, VHF and SSB are also located here.
The large Galley is located on the starboard side between the companionway and the aft cabin. Whether you are doing long distance cruising or entertaining at the docks, the galley does it all. The galley is equipped with two (2) refrigerator/freezers, each with separate compressors and controls, enabling the owner to make either box a refrigerator or freezer. There is also a separate pull-out refrigerated drink drawer with dedicated controls. The three-burner ENO LPG stove w/oven and broiler is a custom installation; with sealed burners for easy cleaning, and an efficient broiler. On the inboard island is plenty of open counter space with a deep, double bowl sink, fresh water hand pump, and a storage cabinet for additional items. The Corian countertops are beautifully finished with a one-piece integrated fiddle to aid in cleaning and keeping a neat and orderly galley when underway. The cabin sole is made of a molded nonskid for easy maintenance and a sure-footed feel.
Moving aft you enter the Owner's Stateroom. The focal point of this cabin is an upgraded queen-sized island berth. Again, this is a very bright and airy cabin with lots of headroom. There are (6) opening ports and a large overhead hatch to provide both natural ventilation and light. On the starboard side is a built-in chair flanked by large cedar-lined hanging lockers and shelved storage. There is a large pull-out drawer beneath the berth and the bottom of the berth opens up, with the assistance of gas struts, to provide access a large blanket storage area. Access to the large aft deck locker is also provided through a gasketed door on the aft bulkhead.
The Owner's Head is located on the port side. It features a VacuFlush toilet, molded shower stall, with a seat and folding acrylic door, a vanity with a one-piece molded countertop, shelves, a mirror and plenty of ventilation.
The comfortable Forward Stateroom offers a double island berth, lockers, shelves to port and starboard, excellent ventilation and direct access to the Guest Head. The base of the berth lifts up for storage and there are two pull-out drawers. Excellent ventilation and natural light make the forward stateroom a comfortable space to spend time.
The Guest/Day Head is accessible from both the forward stateroom and the Saloon. The countertop is a one-piece acrylic with molded-in fiddles and a stainless steel sink. The head has a freshwater VacuFlush unit with a dedicated water tank. The large seperate shower stall has a bi-fold acrylic door and a teak seat.
The Third Cabin is currently set up with bunk beds (but the factory offers a refit kit to convert to the office configuration, if desired), and the bottom berth pulls out to form a double. A hanging locker and under bunk storage add to this area.
Deck, Rigging and Sails
- Cutter rig with in-mast furling mainsail, staysail, and 110% Yankee (all sails new - NORTH SAILMAKERS - 2017)
- Asymmetric spinnaker and downwind pole on mast track
- Hoyt self-tacking boom for staysail
- Main sheet and spare main halyard led to cockpit through stoppers to Harken 48E electric winch
- Harken furling units on Yankee and staysail with furling lines led to caprail mounted stoppers
- Two (2) electric primary winches (upgraded to Harken 64-2, 2-speed)
- mainsail furling and outhaul lines led to Harken 48ST 2-speed winch
- 2 x Harken 32ST and 1 x Harken 16ST winch complete the cockpit layout for controlling furling lines, staysail sheet and other needs
- Rigid boom vang
- All standing and running rigging replaced (new 2017)
- Mast rails
- Cheetah electric horizontal windlass with Rocna 33kg (73#) primary anchor with 350' of 7/16" chain; secondary anchor Fortress with 25' chain and rope rode (repainted 2021)
- Factory Extendo-boom option for lifting the dinghy
- Hot and cold stern shower
- Safety gear, including Life Sling, life jackets, bell, etc.
- Seago Offshore Type ISO9650 - 4 Person Liferaft; recertified in 2019
- Solar covers hatches
- Ditch bags with full inventory of survival gear
Electronics, Electrical and Mechanical
- ICOM M 506 SSB with ICOM auto-tune antenna tuner; insulated backstay antenna
- Raymarine Quantum radar, mast mount (new 2017)
- Raymarine Axiom 9 touchscreeen MFD at helm (new 2020) with charts for most of the world
- Raymarine RS150 GPS (new 2017)
- Raymarine ST7002 autopilot w/spare motor
- Raymarine ST-60 knot, depth and AWI in pod above companionway
ELECTRICAL: This boat is set up with 220V 50hz service. The owner has a full set of adaptors and shore power options for almost anywhere in the world, including the USA.
- two 15 AMP 220 V shore power connectors
- MasPower 6kW 220V genset with under 3200 hours at time of listing
- All Ten (10) Batteries G-27 Lifeline AGM's: Dedicated genset starting battery (new 2021), Dedicated engine start battery; Dedicated pair of batteries for the thruster/windlass, House bank (6) of batteries (all new 2017)
- Charles Marine Isolation Transformer
- Charles battery charger 100 amp
- 560 watts of Solar panels (four at 140 watts each) with Blue Star MPPT 75 charge regulator (new 2019)
- Yanmar 4JH3-HTE 110HP diesel engine. Approx 7,712 hours at time of listing; full engine service in 2021 including decarbonization, valve adjustment, filters and fluids change
- Side power 7HP bow thruster
- 3-blade fixed prop
- Python drive on engine shaft
- VacuFlush marine heads
- Aqua Base water maker system (15GPH) (new 2019)
- 9,000 BTU air conditioning in owner's stateroom (new 2021)
- 16,000 BTU air conditioning forward
Manufacturer Provided Description
The 485 provides enormous living space, enough storage to hold gear for a circumnavigation, enough sail to speed you comfortably to your destination and the convenience of managing it all from the cockpit. From the broad anchor platform to the spacious stern boarding area, the 485's deck abounds with features you will appreciate.
The large aft deck is perfect for sunbathing, impromptu dining and is also large enough to accommodate up to a 10' dinghy, which can be easily hoisted aboard with a clever optional boom extension system. Storage bins on either side of the aft deck hold LPG bottles and miscellaneous gear. A larger central hatch opens to a ladder leading into a huge storage lazarette. Uncluttered side decks, a recessed foredeck and plentiful cabin top handrails provide security on deck.
Below, you'll be immediately impressed by the panoramic view of the open main saloon, the spacious forward and aft cabins with private heads, the solid teak and oak soles throughout, the gourmet galley, a multi-use third stateroom and a navigation center that rivals those on much larger yachts.
Adjacent to the companionway, the nav station includes a high-backed swivel armchair, inlaid table with storage tray, cabinetry space sufficient to mount a wide variety of equipment you might select and the master electrical panels for ship-board AC and DC equipment. There's also a hanging locker suitable for wet gear within reach. This area is so impressive that SAIL Magazine's Best Boats judges made this comment: "Any offshore navigator would love to call this nerve center home. This is the best equipped nav station we saw this year."
In the main saloon the starboard settee converts to a double berth when fully extended and both settees double as comfortable sea berths. A large table stows against the forward bulkhead and deploys to create a spacious dining area. CE Category A – Ocean rated safety windows provide a panoramic view and overhead lights and numerous reading lamps with individual dimmers are found throughout.
The gourmet galley is equipped with digitally controlled refrigerator and freezer compartments and double gasketed drop-front lids on gas support struts for easy access. Either compartment may be used for refrigerated or frozen storage at the setting of the controls. There's also a pull-out refrigerator drawer for quick access to popular beverages and food.
Aft is the grand owner's stateroom with an offset double island berth. Hanging storage with extra height is provided by the outboard hanging locker. Access to the aft lazarette storage area is also made available through the aft bulkhead.
Forward is a guest stateroom and head with a double island berth. All staterooms include numerous opening ports and large overhead hatches, providing plenty of light and ventilation. Both berths are surrounded by an array of cabinets, lockers, drawers and shelves, including hinged lids that lift to reveal blanket trays.
The third cabin is across from the forward head and is perfect for a multitude of uses. One can choose over/under style berths as a sleeping area or an L-shaped counter/desk with built-in cabinets underneath for an office, laundry, or workshop. An optional filler piece is also available to make a double berth with this latter configuration.
Both luxurious heads feature vanities with solid acrylic countertops, separate shower stalls with seats, folding acrylic doors and standard VacuFlush® heads. Whether cruising the oceans of the world or exploring coastal anchorages, the 485 has been designed and built to take you safely and comfortably to your destination.
Not included in sale are the owner's personal artwork and gear, the teak chairs shown in the main saloon, the dinghy and the outboard.