Welcome aboard the 2007 52 Viking Open ‘Katala'! Highly customized and extremely well cared for, this tournament rigged sportfishing machine is fresh off many recent upgrades and improvements. Her 1360 hp Common rail MAN engines cruise her effortlessly at 32 knots. She features a 2 stateroom 2 head layout below with a huge helm deck, full tower, teak laden cockpit, and clean lines. She can chase the largest fish in the ocean and is ready for her next adventure. Below please find a list of her highlights and customizations.
- VIKING pedigree build quality
- Upgraded 1360hp common rail MANs (only 2140 orig. hours, 2000 hr. service 2020)
- 21 KW ONAN gen set with 2450 hrs.
- Teak cockpit and covering boards
- Mezzanine seating
- Eskimo Ice Chipper
- Spectra Water maker
- Bluewater Fighting chair with 4 rod rocket launcher
- JL Audio speakers with Fusion sound system
- Lockable over head rod storage on helm deck
- Updated GARMIN electronics at helm and in tower
- NEW PB controls head units New MAN tower controls, and NEW MAN MPC and MDS boards
- 2 Strm 2 head layout
- Washer and dryer
- No bow rail for clean custom look
- (4) Sea blaze Underwater Lights
- Summer 21 bottom job with prop recon and prop speed
Cockpit and Deck Accommodations
When you step onboard of KATALA you quickly realize the level of express sportfish battlewagon you are on. Her tournament rigged cockpit is all business. Her teak deck and teak covering boards add beauty to this beast. She has mezzanine seating as a comfortable perch to watch the fishing action or sit back with your favorite cocktail. Below please find a list of other notable cockpit highlights....
- Bluewater Teak fighting chair with 4 rod rocket launcher
- (2) electric reel outlets
- In deck livewell
- Eskimo Ice Chipper
- In deck and transom fish boxes
- Oversized transom fish door
- JL Audio speakers
- Large bait freezer under mezzanine seating
- Second climate adjustable fridge/freezer box
- Refrigerated drink box
Just a few steps up from the cockpit brings us to the climate-controlled helm deck. This expansive area has a large L shaped seating area to port with storage beneath. To stbd is a series of storage cabinets. She has lockable overhead rod storage, helm deck carpet, electric teaser reels and triple teak helm chairs. Additional features include....
- 3-sided isinglass enclosure
- Teak helm pod with single lever Palm Beach style controls,(new control heads 2020)
- Full compliment of GARMIN electronics.
- (2) 8616 Multifunction display for Chart Plotter, Sonar and Radar functions
- (3) engine room cameras display on Garmin's
- Garmin Auto Pilot and VHF radio
- Fusion head unit for sound system JL Audio speakers
- NEW MAN controls in tower, and NEW MPC and MDS boards
Starboard side on the helm deck forward is a sliding door that will bring us below to the salon, galley, and lower accommodations. At the base of the stairs, you are in the middle of the galley and salon. The sole is teak and holly. Interior is exceptionally clean. Wood finish does have a milky finish which is a common issue but quotes to refinish if desired can be shared. Immediately to port is a large L shaped salon ultra-leather sofa with storage beneath. To stbd is a fully equipped galley. This area below is the perfect place for napping, escaping the heat, making a sandwich, or watching a movie. Salon and Galley highlights include....
- L shaped Ultra leather sofa
- Teak coffee table
- Port storage cabinets
- Teak and holly sole
- Sharp Aquos flat screen TV
- SAT TV capabilities, direct TV box and subscription needed
- Vitifrigo stainless steel fridge(2) Freezer(2) drawers
- Corian counter tops
- Tappan microwave convection oven
- 4 burner electric cooktop
- Deep stainless-steel sink
As we continue forward on the lower level of ‘Katala' we have a guest head to port. Head is accessible from the hallway, day head style or through the bunk bedroom. Across the walkway to stbd there is a door with an over under Whirlpool washer and dryer. Just forward to port is the bunk bed Guest Stateroom. Bunk stateroom highlights include...
- Wide berth over under bunk beds
- Guest head access from inside
- Sharp flat screen TV
- Hanging locker
All the way forward in the forepeak of the vessel is the second stateroom. This Fwd stateroom features a large offset berth to port and access to a private head. Additional Fwd stateroom features include...
- Outboard storage cabinets
- Mirror on Fwd bulkhead
- Climate controls
- Over head hatch for light or fresh air
- Teak and holly sole
- Sharp flatscreen TV
The engine room is accessible through a centerline hatch on the cockpit mezzanine seating area. The engine room is well laid out, serviceable, spacious, and clean. Engine room equipment and highlights include....
- Twin 1360 hp common rail MAN engines 2134 hours (10/21)
- Full oil and filter changes to machinery Aug 21
- MAN 1000 hours service performed by ACE MARINE (2020)
- Tower MAN gauges, MPC and MDS boards (replaced new in 2020)
- (3) engine room cameras, port stbd and center
- All through hulls painted in white Awlgrip
- Fire suppression system
- Shipboard batteries and battery charger
- AC and refrigeration compressors
- Spectra MPC 5000 Water Maker
- Full tuna tower with Garmin 7612 at tower Nav station
- Bow rail removed for clean custom look
- Electric windlass with anchor stowed in anchor hatch
- Great exterior cosmetic condition with no gel coat crazing
- Summer 21 bottom job, prop speed and recon
- (4) Sea blaze Underwater lights with 10,000 lumens each multi color spectrum controlled though GARMIN or phone app
- Oil change system with cockpit quick disconnect for remote bucket fill
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.