HULL & DECK
• Epoxy infused Carbon Fiber inner skin with E-Glass Reinforcements
• Infused with SP Systems Prime 20 Resin and Kevlar
• Core: CoreCell M 80-130
The deck is made of Epoxy infused Carbon Fiber and E-Glass and Infused with SP Systems Prime 20 Resin. Cored with CoreCell M 80.
• Windlass - Lewmar 560 V2
• Main Sheet Winch - Harken 990 Electric - three speed
• Primaries - (2) Harken #990 Electric three speed
• Secondaries -(2) Harken Performance
• Other cockpit winches: Runners and Accessories (4) Harken # 65
• Hydraulic Boom Vang, Outhaul, Backstay Storm Jib Tack, Genoa Halyard & Cunningham
(Harken), Halyard locks
• Harken Furler for Genoa
• Harken Roller Furling Staysail
• (2) Carbon reaching poles
• (2) Dorades with S.S. Cowl vents and S.S. Guards (removable)
• Genoa and staysail tracks mounted on side decks
• CF Radar Arch to carry dinghy and mount electronics
• LED cockpit lights mounted in underside of arch
• Cockpit shower
• Teak viewing seats mounted in port and starboard quarter
• Cockpit stern rail and granny rail for safety
• Carbon fiber cockpit table with built in Reefer, storage and drop leaves - sits 6
• Canvas dodger connects to hardtop. Dodger has many clear panels for good sail visibility.
• 4 opening hatches under hard dodger to below for added ventilation in inclement weather.
• Flexible Solar Panels - can be walked on.
Deck Washdown (Fore and aft) - Salt water
New canvas covers for winches, wheels, etc 2019
Interior Joinery: American Red Birch Interior with Epifanes Wood matte Finish throughout Cabin sole is
teak veneer composite panels with clear non-skid finish
multi speed fans mounted throughout.
Interior Soles: Teak faced Aokum and Teak faced Composite Panels
• Haier Clothes Washer - Dryer Combo
• air-conditioning system by Marine Air Vector Series w/ smart start. 3 Zones.
LED lighting throughout (Imtra)
• Panasonic Microwave
• Broan exhaust hood
• Counter top Fridge/Freezer Seafrost/Frigoboat
• 3 Burner Force Ten Electric Range with Oven
• Deep Stainless steel sink
• Grohe Faucet with Spray
• Foot pump for Salt and Fresh water
• Seafrost Refrigeration - top loading
• Seafrost Freezer - top loading
• Corian Counter tops
• Dedicated trash bin cabinet with access through the counter top
• built in wine bottle storage
• large amount of storage
• built in custom racks for dishware and glasses
Fresh Water System:
• Seaward Water heater
• Shurflo 5902 Pump
• Tank Tender monitoring gauges
• Whale Water filtration system
• Whale fresh water pump at Galley
• Grohe water faucets (H&C) - throughout
• Water maker - Spectra
• Whale Gulper 320 Pump
• Whale Gray Waste Tank
Black water system:
• 3 Techma toilets
• Whale Sanitation Pump
• Sureflo Macerator
• Headhunter tank sentry
• (2) holding tanks
• 33Kg Rocna Anchor
• Fortress ZX 23 collapse-able Anchor
• Aere fenders
• Carbon fiber Passerelle,
• boat hooks
• Ditch bag
• Life Vests and Tethers
• Air Horn
• 6 Man Life raft (Winslow) Hard case
• Life Sling
• Jack Lines
• Repair kits
Owners' personal gear, tools and art are excluded from this sale.
PILOTHOUSE: Step aboard and enter the pilothouse. There you will find a beautiful clear carbon fiber folding table with varnished fiddles. The table is flanked by two long settees. The pilothouse offers a panoramic view while offering protection from the elements.
COMPANIONWAY: The ladder going down is large and easily traversed either facing forward or backward. Handholds are plentiful.
SALOON: The large and airy main saloon offer s a table with seating for 8.
GALLEY: To starboard of it, is the well equipped galley with plenty of storage space.
NAVIGATION STATION: Aft of the galley is the charting station. All navigational aids are located here along with electrical monitoring. A comfortable pilot's seat with arm rests is securely fastened to the cabin sole.
ALLEYWAY AFT: Behind the seat is the alley leading to the master stateroom. Outboard is the washer/dryer combo and many lockers, with hanging and shelved. Inboard is an access door to the engine room.
MASTER CABIN AFT: Entering the master suite, a center line queen island center line bed compliments the stateroom. The hulls are flanked with counter tops, drawers and a vanity to port. Forward of the vanity is the master head. The countertop is blue Corian, MASTER HEAD: The Master head is very large. The TECHMA freshwater toilet assures no smells. This room has a separate walk in shower with lexan door.
Forward of the galley and the mast, are the other two staterooms. One features a queen bed with ensuite head and the other has two single berths ( over & under) and en suite head as well. A watertight bulkhead separates this area from the main saloon.
FO'C'S'LE: Forward of the cabins is a large fo'c's'le which can also be access from the deck.
INTERIOR FEATURES: The light birch interior is accentuated by the flooding of light from so many overhead hatches and fixed port lights throughout.
SPARS, RIG & SAILS
SPARS by Offshore Spars
Mast: CF Awlgriipped white
• LED uplighting
• Spreader and foredeck lights
• radar mount
Boom: CF, Features wide V for easy sail handling, Lazy Jacks and integral sail cover
Retractable Carbon Bow Sprit
(2) Carbon spinnaker poles, one telescoping
• Navtek Rod Rigging with Running Back Stays
• Backstays are Vectran
• All lines lead aft to cockpit for easy handling
• Dyneema rope
• many spares.
• Mainsail 1040 sq ft ( 2014)
• Genoa 3Di 1335 sq ft
• Genoa 3Di - older but useable
• Staysail (2019) 480 sq ft
• A6 Spinnaker 2650 sq ft (rarely used)
• Code 0 (rarely used) 1900 sq ft
• Storm Trysail 280 sq ft with dedicated track and halyard
NEW 2019: Spinnaker Halyard, Main Halyard, Running Back Stays, Jib Sheets, Genoa sheets, Spinnaker and Code Zero Sheets, Outhaul
KIWI SPIRIT's electrical system is a modern and capable system that offers power for her systems and provides a combination of electrical generation methods including traditional means such as a Generator, and alternative means such as Solar, Wind, and Water power. Her Batteries are Lithium Ion.
Westebeke 9.2kVA generator. Three Cylinder engine powering generator
1. 24 VDC Battery Bank (House) Genasun Lithium Ion Phosphate 728 Amp hours at 24V
2. 12 v AGM Battery Bank (house) 100 amp hours
3. Engine and Generator starting battery.
CHARGING: Victron Universal Input Charger - new 2019 AND Mastervolt Alpha Alternator
• Marine Galvanic Isolator
• Blue Seas switches
INVERTER: Victron Quattro New 2019
WATER POWER GENERATION: Hydrogenerators - Watt & Sea (4) 500 W generators
SOLAR: Solar Power - SMB Flexible and walkable panels located on cabin top and pilothouse. Solbian flexible
on the Bimini
• 883 Watts
• Sun Saver Solar Controller
• Genasun Booster
WIND POWER: Wind Generators (2) by Superwind - 350 W each
LIGHTING: All interior lighting LED with dimmer switches
• Asus RT N16 Router
• Clear Point Hi Def Weather
• Wave WIFI
• Fusion 700
• Samsung LED TV
AT NAV STATION:
• B&G Zeus Z12 Chart Plotter ( 2014) -
• Simrad VHF RS82
• Navico Sirus Weather Radio
• Ocens Mail
• Max Sea
• Inmarsat Sat Phone
• Irridium Sat Phone
• Thrane IP Sailor 500/ Fleet Broadband Antenna
• Icom M802 SSB
• Icom Antenna Tuner AT- 140
• Furuno Navtex Receiver
• B&G Zeus Chart Plotter Touch screen Z 12 multi screen with weather and radar overlay.
• (2) B&G gimballed rate compass
• (2)NKE Auto Pilots - primary and secondary
• B&G H3000
• Furuno 24 mile Radar
• Weems and Plath Barometer
• Simrad A150 AIS - Class B
• 110 outlet in cockpit
• Loud Hailer
• wind anemometers rebuilt 2019
Engine: Volvo 75 hp Diesel with Folding Gori Prop - 800 hours
Burns 1.5 gph at 1650 rpm generating 7.5 kts of boat speed
Xintex Engine Shut down Safety System
Generator: Westerbeke Diesel Generator 442.1 hours
SidePower Bow Thruster SR 100/185T
Spring 2020 prop serviced, bottom painted, all zincs replaced
• Water Ballast (4 Tanks) cable operated with electric pump - valves replaced in 2020
• Bilge Pumps (Whale, ULTRA, Johnson and manual)
• Racor Filters
• (1) aluminum tank
FULL ORR MEASUREMENT IN 2019 AND HULL SCAN
Designer's Commissioning Comments
Following many years of extensive cruising in a Farr Pilothouse 60 (Design 320), Dr. Stanley Paris commissioned this new design for a high performance offshore passage making and cruising yacht.
Early in the life of the boat, Dr. Paris will participate in some short-handed racing and then attempt to set or break non-stop records as the oldest person to solo circumnavigate and then include the shortest solo circumnavigation from St Augustine, FL, and Bermuda.
Dr. Paris intends to tackle this feat without use of fossil fuels, relying on solar panels, wind generators and hydro-generators for his circumnavigation beginning late 2013. These technologies will also reduce reliance on generators in its later cruising life.
The general approach has been to use modern design concepts and construction methods to produce a conservative but fast and sea kindly vessel that can cover oceans quickly and provide a comfortable and spacious live aboard experience.
A lifting keel provides reasonable draft for entering anchorages. High performance and safety while sailing are achieved with the deep keel, hybrid Carbon, Kevlar and Glass fiber sandwich construction, relatively narrow waterline beam, long waterline length and a moderate amount of water ballast tucked into the generous beam at deck.
The carbon spar cutter rig, permanent roller furling genoa and staysail, plus slab reefing mainsail will make sail handling straight forward, while furling reacher and asymmetric spinnaker can be set from the retractable bowsprit for speed and nice balance in lighter reaching and downwind conditions.
The layout features sail controls led to a central cockpit steering position for ease of short-handed sailing, significant on deck shelter in a "hard" dodger over the companionway and cockpit seating, plus an integrated deployable soft dodger to further shelter the steering station.
The very spacious interior features a huge aft owners stateroom, generous center salon, galley and chart table area, plus two private cabins forward.
All appliances are electric, with energy abundance provided via a 17 Kw/hr Lithium battery pack and a 11 Kw generator during the cruising phase to minimize charging time when alternative generation is not available.