INTRODUCTION & VESSEL LAYOUT
"ELECTRA" is a custom built 94' Fiberglass Flybridge Motor Yacht designed by C. Raymond Hunt / Peter Boyce and was built by Lyman-Morse in Thomaston, Maine in 2005.
Built after owning a slightly smaller Lyman-Morse Motor Yacht (85' Tumblehome) for 10+ years, the 94' ELECTRA was an opportunity to build a slightly bigger yacht and perfect the design and interior layout to better suit how this family spends time on the water.
SUNROOM AND AFT DECK:
After boarding the vessel via her midship gates and walking aft through a side deck door, the vessel's aft deck "sunroom" area sets the stage for the luxury that lies ahead. Not unlike a summer "cottage" in Maine, the aft teak deck area is arranged with White Wicker furniture and offers 360 degree breathtaking views. Foredeck access is available via two side deck doors in the sunroom space (port and stbd.) Access to the flybridge is made via a stainless steel ladder with teak treads and high gloss varnished sliding overhead hatch. Moving aft and three steps down brings one to the stern deck; where there is another spacious exterior teak deck & great access to the offset transom door/swim platform (w/custom stainless scuba ladder). There are custom lockers for snorkel/scuba gear as well as a (6) tank water-filled well for re-filling via the on-board rapid-fill air compressor. There is a dedicated high capacity "shaved ice" maker to starboard of the primary engine room access door. An over-sized teak deck hatch provides excellent access to the machinery space below. Hose bibs for both salt and fresh water washdowns are to starboard, while the 100 amp service cords are deployed to port.
MAIN SALON AND GALLEY:
A large single high gloss-varnished teak-framed sliding glass door provides access and entry to the main salon from the aft sunroom/deck area. A large u-shaped settee to port and L-shaped settee to starboard provide comfortable seating for many and excellent viewing out the large main salon windows. Outstanding natural ventilation can be achieved in the main salon/galley space due to several "drop-down" style windows on either side. Wood valences house the Venetian-style privacy shades for all windows. There are two custom cocktail/coffee tables inboard of the settees. A large flatscreen TV is mounted on the aft salon bulkhead and provides excellent viewing angles from the entire main salon/galley area.
The custom red birch dining table is expandable, and accommodates up to 8 people. Two sizes of leaves are stowed inside the table. Like much of the vessel's interior wood detail, the table edges are inlaid with a band of highly polished stainless steel. Beautiful. The custom birch dining chairs were cleverly designed to accept "leg-risers" (that stow under the main salon utility desk to starboard) to become "bar stools" in the galley.
The galley, just forward of the dining table/area, offers excellent counter space. The black granite counter is on two levels; a bar top height and a more traditional galley counter height inside the traditional cooking triangle. Designed to be bright, open, inclusive and family-oriented, the galley space is laid out very well. With galley stove, sink and refrigeration all within arms reach, the chef will be smiling; even when underway! A large front-opening refrigerator, drawer-style deep freezer, custom sliding door-sized spice rack, dishwasher, microwave and more.... make this galley more than complete.
MASTER CABIN & GUEST CABIN:
After descending from the dining/galley area via a custom spiral staircase, one finds two palatial cabins (owner's (aft) and guest accommodations just forward) with King-sized beds; "his & her" heads in Master cabin (single head with separate shower in guest cabin) with black granite countertops; dual access to stall shower in Master cabin via "his & her" heads; cedar-lined walk-in closets; sitting areas and more. Cabin hull ports bring in natural light and great viewing. Interior raised-panel bulkheads and custom cabinetry are built from red birch; with many drawer faces and panels from the heart of the tree. The cabin soles are constructed of white-washed Bamboo wood. Over-sized flat screen TV's are bulkhead-mounted for great viewing from all cabin angles. To describe these accommodations as "large" is an understatement. There is a large built-in wine storage cooler in the passageway between these two cabins.
HELM/BRIDGE - MAIN DECK:
Access to the bridge is via a passageway to starboard and forward of the galley. A "day-head" to port of the passageway with pocket-door, offers a small stainless sink, black granite counter, and commode.
The bridge is impressive, stunning and commanding. Fully equipped with lots of redundancy, the bridge offers complete control to the Captain. Extremely well designed, major electronic components include: a fire suppression system; a pair of large Nobeltec flat screens that provide multiple functions including vessel position, radar, AIS and more. An additional Furuno T2-touch GPS plotter serves as backup to the back-up. A fully custom AC/DC breaker panel system was designed and installed in the custom overhead valance. A pair of joysticks control both bow and stern thrusters along with many radios for communications via VHF, HF and Satellite. Autopilot, full mechanical/engine monitoring and more. There are cameras mounted in the engine room, aft deck and forward for video monitoring from the bridge.
A very unique and comfortable seating area was designed and built just aft of the helm (includes a custom pull-out leg rest for lounging). The large custom wood table functions well for those on watch and "snacking" or looking over the chart kit. A great place for visits from the owner, guests and crew standing by to take watch. There is an elaborate bank of drawers for charts just to port of the helm. This whole area can be removed to provide excellent access to the electronics forward of the helm. The flybridge and upper helm is accessed via an aft facing staircase on the starboard side of the bridge house.
A fully equipped 2nd helm station is available on the flybridge. With maximum visibility and full instrumentation at the Captain's fingertips, the flybridge helm station is a great way to operate/dock the vessel in settled weather. There is additional seating to starboard of the flybridge helm seat and it even includes a "pull-out" slider with filler cushion to convert for lounging/sunbathing.
Access to the flybridge is via what many may consider "a wooden work of art." The fully custom high gloss varnished teak companionway slider magically disappears into a sea hood that is integral to the flybridge. This elegant wooden arch; its joinery, fit and finish is a fine example of the work so typically seen on yachts built by Lyman-Morse.
An equally impressive custom bi-fold high gloss varnished teak companionway door cleverly nestles to the side when open, and shuts out the weather when teak slider and door are closed.
A large and spacious dining settee and varnished teak table provide seating for 6-8. A pseudo-galley to port provides the essentials for this upper dining area. The u-shaped space includes a stainless sink, refrigeration, ice maker, ample counter space and even features a dumbwaiter tunnel between the flybridge and full galley below!
Moving aft one finds additional seating to port; a custom storage locker for tender fuel to starboard along with a hydraulic crane for launching the 16' Novurania hard-bottom inflatable (w/90HP 4-stroke 2019 Yamaha OB) mounted in custom deck chocks/hold-down; the Yachts Mast (on centerline) and associated antennas; two life rafts (mounted outboard on both starboard and port sides); and a second custom high gloss-varnished teak companionway slider with stair access to lower sunroom/aft deck.
CAPTAIN'S OFFICE & CAPT/CREW QUARTERS:
Just to starboard of the main bridge is a second spiral staircase that leads to the Captain's office/crew quarters. A great space dedicated to keeping the "ship's affairs" in order, and for "down-time" for the crew. And depending on how the boat is operated, this space and two additional cabins could be used for guests or additional family members.
This Captain's office area is also equipped with (2) additional front-opening refrigeration units; an over-sized box-style freezer, and the vessels washer and dryer. Moving forward the space is equally divided into two mirror image bunk-style cabins (two single bunks per cabin.) Each berth has a dedicated flat screen TV and each cabin has a dedicated head with mirrors, Corian countertop/sink and commode, along with a separate stall shower. A bank of drawers, hanging lockers and additional counter space is inboard of the bunks.
If you are a stickler for a clean, and well organized engine room.... this space will make you smile. The epitome of a professionally maintained mechanical space, ELECTRA'S engine room may in fact be in better shape now than when new! The space is extremely well lit, with great ventilation including AC. It is clear that a professional Captain and experienced owner had great input in the engine rooms design and layout.
Commonly serviced items are easily accessible. Great effort went into insulating the room to prevent noise from entering the Master Cabin just forward. There is a dedicated work shop (with watertight door) on centerline, just aft of the main engines and gensets. This space also houses the two watermakers, refrigeration pumps/systems, and Scuba compressor. Most of the vessel's thru-hulls (below the waterline) are congregated together in one space under the work shop lift-up sole and nearly all the ship's raw water strainers are together as well. Access to the vessel's hydraulic steering/rudder bearings is to port and starboard of the raw water strainer area. A bank of organized tool trays/boxes are convenient and within an arms reach with plenty of bench space as well. An over-sized stainless steel utility sink/faucet is mounted just aft of the port main engine.
Other major mechanical components in the engine room include hydraulic stabilizers, inverters/chargers, triple bank of Racor fuel filtration for main engine supply and additional fuel filtration for the two Northern Lights Generators. An 8-port Reverso oil change pump/manifold services all the mechanical oil/fluids. The mechanical/electrical equipment list goes is extensive.
US DOCUMENTATION VESSEL DATA
VESSEL NAME: ELECTRA
OFFICIAL NUMBER: 1199891
HOME PORT: MIAMI, FL
GROSS TONNAGE: 148GT ITC
NET TONNAGE: 44 NT ITC
LENGTH: 94 FT
BREADTH: 21.5 FT
DEPTH: 6.5 FT (WATERLINE TO BOTTOM EDGE OF PROPS)
HULL MATERIAL: FIBERGLASS
PLACE BUILT: LYMAN-MORSE THOMASTON, ME
YEAR BUILT: 2005
RENEWAL DATE: MAY 2023
- FCC Ships Radio License # 0016695637
- NOAA 406MHz EPIRB Registration
- Broward Fire Equipment; Engine room fire suppression system
- Survitec Survival Prod; (2) Revere Coastal MK II 8 Person life rafts
- Brownies Air Quality Analysis report - Yacht Scuba compressor
"ELECTRA" is built of all fiberglass; the bottom is solid fiberglass with solid fiberglass up to 1 meter above the waterline. The hull is then cored from this point up with Divinycell. There are (3) solid fiberglass longitudinal stringers per side; the inboard two (2) become the engine girders.
"ELECTRA" has (4) watertight bulkheads located at the aft chain locker, aft crew bilge, forward engine room and aft engine room w/ a Freeman watertight door.
* Note - The bottom is painted with Micron 66 anti-fouling paint; last applied 2019.
TANKAGE, FUEL, WATER, LUBE OIL
* FUEL - Two (2), integral to hull, 2500 gallons each and located mid-ship under the guest accommodations.
* FRESH WATER - Two (2) x 300 gallons each - tanks are polyethylene and located port and starboard in the lazarette.
* BLACK WATER HOLDING - Two (2) x 600 gallon forward and (1) 450 gallon aft.
* GREY WATER HOLDING - Two (2) x 450 gallon forward and (1) 450 gallon tank aft (plus condensate sump box).
* FUEL SYSTEM filtration -
- Three (3) banks of Racor 751000 fuel water separators can clean fuel from tank to tank or circulate the fuel in one tank through the filters via Oberdofer gear pump.
- Each main engine has a set of (3) three Racor 751000MAX fuel water filters with manifold and vacuum gauge.
* FRESH WATER SYSTEM -
- Pumps: (2) two Headhunter Mach 5, 230 vac and Groco 24vdc located in lazz tech space.
- Hot water heaters: (2) Rheem 54 gallon, model XE38S06ST4501
* WATERMAKERS - 2 units
- Sea Recovery - Aquamaster 60GPH w/2 membranes each (System has approx 2600 hrs)
* LUBE OIL SYSTEM -
- Reverso oil change manifold plumbed to the main engines, gear box and generators. Oil is transferred from 5-gallon bucket to and from end user.
TRIM TABS, PROPELLERS, SHAFTS & STRUTS, STEERING
* TRIM TABS - By Bennett - Dual ram hydraulic 38" wide x 20" deep
* PROPELLERS - By Hung Shen and made of NiBrAl. 5-Blade, Diameter 47" x pitch 55.5". (An additional set of props convey with the vessel and are currently in storage.) During the 2019 haul-out period, props were reconditioned and dynamically balanced, shafts were trued and Tides Marine dripless seals were replaced.
* SHAFTS & STRUTS - Struts are bronze single leg P and bearings are composite shell with rubber cutlass bearings.
- Shaft overhang from strut barrel: Port-2 3/8"; Starboard-3 3/16"
- Struts and shafts are fitted for SPUR line cutters but currently removed and in storage.
* STEERING -
- By Jastrum - model JA401073-3 Hydraulic.
- Power pack located in starboard aft lazz.
- Hydraulic Ram model PSM300
- Rudders are stainless steel, semi-balanced spade: 37" long & 22.5" wide
BOW / STERN THRUSTERS & STABILIZERS:
* Note - The bow and stern thrusters are incorporated as part of the central Quantum hydraulic system that operates off the main engine PTO or port generator PTO or off a WEG 240vac motor.
* BOW THRUSTER - Quantum/Wesmar QT60-60 HP
- Tunnel: 16" diameter, hull is scalloped aft, the tunnels are fitted port and starboard with closing butterfly valves to prevent air from causing cavitation in the props.
- Thruster: Has dual 14.5" diameter, 4-blade counter-rotating props.
* STERN THRUSTER - Quantum/Wesmar QT30/V2-12 Rated 30HP. Transom-mounted 12" with dual counter-rotating props.
* Note: All applicable components are applied with Prop speed during haul-out service periods.
* STABILIZERS - By Quantum and hydraulic rotary vain (w/power pack QIS-60) model ML170 MAGLIFT
BILGES, COMPRESSED AIR & AIR CONDITIONING:
** Note: there are 4 bilge compartments with 7 Rule 3700GPH 24DCV submersible pumps fitted with ULTRA automatic float switches and Ultra Highwater alarm float switches.
- Forward thruster/crew bilge
- Port and starboard guest bilge
- Port and starboard Master SR bilge
- Engine room bilge
- Lazarette/steering bilge
Additionally, there are 3 large SS 22VAC emergency pumps in the following areas:
- Forward thruster/crew area
- Engine room
- Lazarette/Steering bilge
* COMPRESSED AIR SYSTEM: Fitted with Baure SCUBA tank compressor with 4-tank fill ability; air quality certified. Vessel is outfitted with compressed air piping in engine room for use with air tools.
- By Dometic, model VARC chilled H20 system
- (2) four ton compressors, R410A (units have approx 5800 hrs)
- (11) air handlers-
- (2) circulating pumps
* REFRIGERATION: In addition to home-style refrigertion units, on board refrigeration system is by Grunert:
- Crew area has large cold plate chest freezer model: Grunert AC4752-ALL with R404A refrigerant compressor located in crew bilge.
- Dometic Eskmo shaved ice maker in aft deck cockpit with insulated box (very large capacity ice maker!)
MAIN ENGINES, MARINE GEARS & GENERATORS:
* MAIN ENGINES: By MTU
- Model: V162000 M94
- Port Engine Hrs: 4337
- Starboard Engine Hrs: 4324
* MAIN ENGINE EXHAUST: Polished stainless steel covers over expansion joint aft of turbo to black hard -wrapped high temperature fiberglass exhaust to stainless spray rings, joined to fiberglass collectors with tubes exiting at transom.
* MARINE GEARS: By ZF
- Model ZF2555
- Ratio: 2.118 to 1
* HYDRAULICS: By Quantum
- The Quantum hydraulic power pack is located to starboard in the engine room. It operates off the main engine PTO, or Port Generator PTO of off a WEG 240VAC motor delivering power to the following:
- Bow and stern thrusters
- Rotary Vain Stabilizers
- (2) Ideal Windless
* GENERATORS: By Northern Lights / Lugger engine
- Model M864W.3
- Port Genset HRS: 24,290
- Stbd Genset HRS: 1,986
** Note: Engine room ventilation includes Fans by Delta T (2-intake fans and 1 exhaust fan w/variable frequency drives)
* GENERAL: "ELECTRA" can be powered via shore power with (2) 50 amp shore cords via CM8 Glendenning cable reels in engine room OR (1) 100 amp shore cord w/ Hubble Marine outlets on both port and stbd sides of aft cockpit. There is a large custom AC/DC Main distribution panel on centerline in the engine room and additional electrical system monitoring in the wheelhouse.
* BATTERY CHARGERS: By Mastervolt
- House: Mastervolt 100amp 24VDC
- Main Engines: Mastervolt 50amp 24VDC
- Generators: Mastervolt 25amp 24VDC
Note: There are Rotary battery disconnect switches as well as emergency back-up communication systems for Navigation and VHF comms.
* BRIDGE/WHEELHOUSE ELECTRONICS:
- (2) independent Nobeltec Time Zero Nav systems with Axium Tec Computers.
- (2) Hattland 17" Multifunction Monitors
- 6" Richie dash-mounted compass
- SIMRAD Gyro (new in 2018)
- Furuno DFF1UHD Color depth finder
- Furuno T2-touch back up GPS plotter
- (2) Furuno Radar units with 21KW & 8KW antennas
- SIMRAD AP16 Autopilot (new 2021)
- Furuno FA150 AIS class 1
- Maretron DSM250 Apparent wind, depth and speed monitor
- 4 Camera CCTV Monitor
- FLIR night vision camera
- (2) ICOM M502 VHF Radios
- ICOM IC7000 HF radio
- KVH V7 HTS VSAT (new 2019)
* FLYBRIDGE ELECTRONICS:
- (2) Hattland 17" Color Monitors
- Furuno FCV 582L Color Sonar
- SIMRAD AP16 autopilot head
- Furuno wind, speed, depth monitor
- Furuno GPS plotter
- ICOM M502 VHF radio
* ENTERTAINMENT EQUIPMENT:
- KVH 7 Tracvision SAT receiver with 5 Direct TV decoders
- RTI AV System Control for sound system
- Salon: LG 47" flat screen TV
- Master: Samsung 47" flat screen TV & DVD player
- Guest cabin: Samsung 32" flat screen TV & DVD player
- Crew: (4) LG 21" Flat screen TV & DVD players
- Stereo: Fusion - MSUD650 Tuner w/JL Audio Speakers
- Bosch Range w/4-burner cooktop and oven
- Bosch Microwave oven
- Subzero 611 Refrigerator with lower drawer-style freezer
- Bosch Dish washer
- Dual tub sink w/ Insinkorator 3/4hp garbage disposal
- (2) Marvel SS refrigeration units (front-opening)
- Miele W5825 Washing machine
- Miele T8003 Clothes Dryer
*Note: There is a large "Wine cooler" unit in the hallway between the Master and Guest cabin.
GROUND TACKLE, CRANE & TENDER:
- (2) Windless by IDEAL - Model H7M/GN89
- Port chain = 300' 5/8" galv
- Stbd chain = 200' 5/8" galv & 100' 3/8" braided Nylon rode
- (2) Galvanized Plow Anchors - Port 1440 Kg Stbd 1050Kg
- (2) Spare anchors - (1) Fortress FX55LD (1) FX18 and additional small grapple anchor.
- Cockpit Capstans: Maxwell 2200 24VDC
CRANE: By Marquip Model EZ2000
- Hydraulic powered off central Quantum power pack
TENDER: By Novarania
- Model 406 RIB - New Tubes, outboard and paint 2017
- HIN - PKD14707K304
- Engine: Yamaha model F90LB 90HP (approx 150 hrs)
- Dinghy equipment: Richie compass, Garmin 8" GPS, Garmin Depth sounder, Icom ICM330 VHF radio, (2) Rule 100GPH bilge pumps and full Sunbrella boat over.
"ELECTRA" was recently painted during her 2021 yard period. She is now painted Grey with a single red boot top. **Note: Some of the images shown in this listing (photos of vessel underway) were taken when the vessel was still Blue.
SAFETY EQUIPMENT & MAINTENANCE LOGS:
** Note: Vessel will convey with required USCG safety equipment
* Note: Up-to-date maintenance logs and a record of Shipyard work order invoices are in good order and show the high level of care and maintenance this Yacht has received by her professional crew and her owner. This yacht has been VERY WELL maintained and as noted by the Marine Surveyor during her 10 year Lloyds Marine Inspection, "ELECTRA" is in first class yacht condition."
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.